Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Extended Essay Question - HSN forum

Extended Essay Question

6 replies to this topic

#1 gary

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 13 March 2005 - 02:06 PM

What is the maximum amount of words that an essay can have.

My essay is currently at 2,000 words and my teacher still wants me to add in stuff about the Anschluss and the Czech Crisis. If I do this my essay will most likely go to about 2,500 which I think is far too much.

#2 superstar

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 671 posts

Posted 13 March 2005 - 04:34 PM

Well we were told that you get marks taekn off if u go over 2000 words!! Mine is about 2500 at the mo but i will have to cut bits out! And plus the longer it is the more you will have to remeber to write in the extended essay exam!

#3 bred

Brendan

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,215 posts
  • Interests:I have just graduated with a 2:1 in Geography [MA (Hons)] from The University of Edinburgh. I like sports: swimming, cycling, snowboarding, running, football, mountain biking and also travelling and photography.

Posted 13 March 2005 - 04:44 PM

We were told you just write as much as you can in 2 hours. :S
Please vote for me! (Brendan Howard, 5th from bottom, only 1 vote required): http://answers.polld...m/poll/2330393/

#4 gary

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 14 March 2005 - 04:16 PM

I managed to complete the whole essay last year which was suprising.

#5 Kevin_Kilbane

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 29 March 2005 - 05:06 PM

Last year, my teacher - like Bred's - said write as much as you can.

She said the better candidates write to the examiner says stop.

I don't think it matters about the words. I wrote 12 pages last year. What matters is that you get quotes in and write similarly to the way you've done in your practices.

#6 bred

Brendan

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,215 posts
  • Interests:I have just graduated with a 2:1 in Geography [MA (Hons)] from The University of Edinburgh. I like sports: swimming, cycling, snowboarding, running, football, mountain biking and also travelling and photography.

Posted 29 March 2005 - 06:49 PM

I used about 1hr 51mins of the 2hrs allotted, thinking about it now maybe I should have used the last 9 minutes to check my essay over and perfect my conclusion but it was running into the break time and I thought I had done pretty well - all my friends finished within 1hr 50min. I'm not sure if anyone used the whole two hours actually, only 2 people in the class were still writing after me.
Please vote for me! (Brendan Howard, 5th from bottom, only 1 vote required): http://answers.polld...m/poll/2330393/

#7 superstar

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 671 posts

Posted 29 March 2005 - 09:18 PM

Yeah i used the whole 2 hours.

I had the worst cold wen i was doin it aswell. My head was thumping, WOULDN'T stop coughing and my nose kept running!!!

I didnt have time to check my conclusion but i remembered it alot betta than i thought!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users