Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Last Minute Revision: Whats on your list? - HSN forum

Last Minute Revision: Whats on your list?

11 replies to this topic

#1 Tracy

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts
  • Location:Erm..My House, In Tranent, Near Edinburgh, SCOTLAND!
  • Interests:Being me

Posted 08 March 2005 - 07:55 PM

Well considering that everyone seems to have done their prelim without some major hi-cough (execpt for a few ppl in me class unsure.gif ) What is everyone doing to get practise for the final exam? Another thing... does anyone have any useful tips for reading papers as we don't get told things like that at our school Meine Lehererin is quatch!! Lol....

PLEASE REPLAY!!

Tracy blush.gif closedeyes.gif wub.gif tongue.gif biggrin.gif

#2 Rubberducky

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 11 March 2005 - 09:42 AM

lol by the way its quatsch!! anyway.. i did higher last year and our teacher gave us loads of tips on how to do the reading paper. her moto was to skim scan and close read. this meant that first you quickly read through the paper and the questions then you scanned it for the areas where you think the answers to the questions are then you read it closely to actually answer the questions. In this way, you really get to grips with the text and know exactly what you are being asked. Its really just a matter of practice and you develop your own techinique

hope this helped

user posted image

#3 Tracy

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 11:15 AM

QUOTE(GIllianNs @ Mar 11 2005, 10:42 AM)
lol by the way its quatsch!! anyway.. i did higher last year and our teacher gave us loads of tips on how to do the reading paper. her moto was to skim scan and close read. this meant that first you quickly read through the paper and the questions then you scanned it for the areas where you think the answers to the questions are then you read it closely to actually answer the questions. In this way, you really get to grips with the text and know exactly what you are being asked. Its really just a matter of practice and you develop your own techinique

hope this helped

View Post

Did u find that the directed writing phrases helped your writing as i did quite badly in the writing. In my prelim i did the translation first, what did u do?

#4 Tracy

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 12 April 2005 - 09:25 AM

What is everyone doing for listening revision? Our teacher is crap so i need to do some at home!! sie ist auch quatsch! lol

#5 Tracy

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 11 May 2005 - 10:13 AM

So how is everyones revision coming on?? Mine is ok.... my listening has got really really good :>

#6 Rubberducky

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 12 May 2005 - 10:27 AM

Yeah, learning the phrases definatly does help! For speed in the exam as well! In the exam i just worked through the reading then i did the translation. It doesnt matter which way you do it. But if you do the reading first them you kinda get an idea about what the passage is about for the translation!!
user posted image

#7 *Etoile*

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 14 May 2005 - 01:22 PM

Hi everyone,
German is the last thing on my mind as I have a full week between Maths and German to revise. My teacher has recorded past papers on to a tape for me and listen to it every day (if i remember). Not too worried about it, more worried about french as I got 93% in my german prelim and came top in the year (although only 14 people do higher german at my school!) Anyway, good luck with revision.
How are you all revising for personal response? Is anyone bothering to learn vocab for the reading? I've never set out to learn vocab.
See you all l8r
Max
blink.gif

#8 Yurimaru

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 18 May 2005 - 11:31 AM

I so need to revise for my essays! Four weeks before we went on study leave one of the language teachers left so our German teacher had to take the french class. We ended up with the worst teacher I've ever had - it has had a detrimental effect on my German - I got 87% in the prelim and now I don't think I'd even pass! Much Panicking!
Oh weep for Adonais—he is dead!
Wake, melancholy Mother, wake and weep!
Yet wherefore? Quench within their burning bed
Thy fiery tears, and let thy loud heart keep,
Like his, a mute and uncomplaining sleep;

#9 krazykooki

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 18 May 2005 - 01:15 PM

QUOTE(*Etoile* @ May 14 2005, 02:22 PM)
Hi everyone,
German is the last thing on my mind as I have a full week between Maths and German to revise. My teacher has recorded past papers on to a tape for me and listen to it every day (if i remember). Not too worried about it, more worried about french as I got 93% in my german prelim and came top in the year (although only 14 people do higher german at my school!) Anyway, good luck with revision.
How are you all revising for personal response? Is anyone bothering to learn vocab for the reading? I've never set out to learn vocab.
See you all l8r
Max
blink.gif

View Post

my teacher did that as well its very helpful
im not learnin too much vocab jus stuff that i know comes up all the time an i don't know but not too much cos the passage could be on anythin

#10 *Etoile*

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 18 May 2005 - 07:30 PM

I've decided just to learn all the personal responses I've done this year, for french I just did that and I think it went pretty well, besides I've always been better at german than french.
Good Luck everyone!

#11 veerle_88

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 May 2005 - 03:27 PM

When I'm too lazy to revise properly I usually watch dvds in german or watch DWTV on sky, it really helps!

#12 krazykooki

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 23 May 2005 - 02:32 PM

lol yeah german radio on the net is also a good way of 'revising'

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users