Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Giving blood... - HSN forum - Page 2

Giving blood...

33 replies to this topic

#21 floss

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 440 posts
  • Interests:<br />

Posted 01 March 2007 - 08:38 PM

QUOTE(ermdeviation @ Mar 1 2007, 08:19 PM) View Post
For criminals to pay their debt back to society should they be forced to donate blood?

That's interesting. Woud they not have to go to prison if they gave blood? Otherwise it's quite unfair - sort of like a double punishment. Also, a lot of people in prison are addicted to drugs so probaly wouldn't be able to give anyway. Would be interesting to hear what others think though.

Maybe it should depend on the severity of their crime - like, if they'd not paid a speeding fine or tax fraud or something then it might work i guess. I want to give blood, but im not old enough yet..
♪ Hug a musician - they never get to dance ♪
Facebook
Bebo

#22 KhalidBoussouara

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts
  • Interests:Hey this is weird cause I've not been here in ages. Been busy with uni and all that. Currently in second year of uni studying medicine. But you probably already knew that anyways.

Posted 01 March 2007 - 08:56 PM

I tried to give blood once but apparently I'm underweight lol. I would give blood if I was able to.

I need to get my lazy arse to the gym and build some muscle. But I keep saying that and never do anything.
MSN: khalid@boussouara.co.uk

#23 broughy

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 10:11 PM

haha, i still can't give blood - i love my piercings too damn much it appears!

i like the idea of criminals having to give blood though. but i do still think prision is the answer
when i'm dancin' with you,
tomorrow doesn't matter,
turn that music up,
till the windows start to shatter,
cos you're the only one who can get me on my feet,
& i can't even dance

No Tomorrow - Orson

#24 Alz

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 867 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 11:01 PM

QUOTE(broughy @ Mar 1 2007, 10:11 PM) View Post

Haha! Gotta love that hepititis risk! =D

#25 smb

HSN Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 02 March 2007 - 02:06 PM

QUOTE(miss macleod @ Mar 1 2007, 04:02 PM) View Post
I gave blood today biggrin.gif

They came to the uni. It was totally fine.

Haha. Well, I fainted at the bus stop in a cold sweat and dizziness 2 hours after writing that. But nevertheless, I was better in 20 mins.

I probably wasn't drinking enough, but I am now. And taking it that little bit easier - its weird, you get a bitty breathless for a day or so afterwards.

Still feeling gooood though biggrin.gif

#26 broughy

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts

Posted 02 March 2007 - 08:58 PM

QUOTE(Switch @ Mar 1 2007, 11:01 PM) View Post
QUOTE(broughy @ Mar 1 2007, 10:11 PM) View Post

Haha! Gotta love that hepititis risk! =D

all my piercings were properly sterile i'll have you know!
tomorrow doesn't matter,
turn that music up,
& i can't even dance

No Tomorrow - Orson

#27 verticalforce

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 02 March 2007 - 09:12 PM

The reason I don't give blood is because they actually throws away most of the blood donated since most bloods reeked with diseases or just generally bad bloods...

I get this info from an insider...

Just j/k... it's my conspiracy theory that I created so I don't have to give one...heh...

#28 Alz

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 867 posts

Posted 02 March 2007 - 11:08 PM

QUOTE(verticalforce @ Mar 2 2007, 09:12 PM) View Post
The reason I don't give blood is because they actually throws away most of the blood donated since most bloods reeked with diseases or just generally bad bloods...

I get this info from an insider...

Just j/k... it's my conspiracy theory that I created so I don't have to give one...heh...

From what I've heard, if you're one of the lucky few who actually get past the testing stage and give blood, they'll only dispose of your blood if they find that you've got HIV, AIDs or something similar in your blood.

#29 smb

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 03 March 2007 - 02:24 PM

What a rubbish excuse!

Even if some blood is throw anyway how is that an option not to give it i the first place?! They are short of it, they need blood. So give it incase they will use it. If everyone thought what you were thinking and no-one gave.... everyone'd be dying! ohmy.gif

And if you are a lovely O negative like myself they loved you even moooooooore biggrin.gif

#30 ice_illusion

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 03 March 2007 - 09:44 PM

Is there a minimum weight or anything? My mum said something about them not taking it if you were 9 stone but I could be completely muddled.
I'd like to but I'm a bit squimish about the circulation system. Hopefully a few dissections should cure me. Not looking foreward to that.

#31 John

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 2,713 posts
  • Interests:First the boring stuff:<br /><br />2004 Results:<br /><br />Highers:<br /><br />Computing A<br />Craft and Design A<br />Physics A<br />Administration A<br />English A<br />Maths A<br />Modern Studies A<br />French A<br /><br />2005 Results:<br /><br />Advanced Highers:<br />Computing A<br />Physics A<br />Maths A<br />Modern Studies A<br />English A<br /><br />2006 Results:<br /><br />Advanced Highers(All Crashed):<br />Chemistry A<br />Biology A<br />Business Managemnt A<br /><br />Aren't I marvellous?

Posted 03 March 2007 - 09:51 PM

It will depend on your height I.E BMI <20

#32 smb

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 03 March 2007 - 11:00 PM

Yeah and that makes so much sense.

Yes there is a minimum weight. One guy I was with got turned away cos he had a spot on his face. How embarassing would that be!

#33 broughy

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts

Posted 03 March 2007 - 11:19 PM

i think the minimum weight is something like 7 stone or something though? its not something you'd really have to bother about unless you were very petite
tomorrow doesn't matter,
turn that music up,
& i can't even dance

No Tomorrow - Orson

#34 ice_illusion

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 04 March 2007 - 12:56 AM

Found it.
It's 7stone 12lb. Making me fine. I'll put it on my things to do list.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users