Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
AH Physics Prelim - HSN forum

AH Physics Prelim

9 replies to this topic

#1 $impl_ih

Top of the Class

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 05 February 2005 - 10:02 PM

Hey has anyone else sat their Unit 1 & 2 prelim for AH Physics yet?

I did mines last week, and it was a two and a half hour paper, similar to a pastpaper.
It had 12 questions altogether 6 from each unit.

Now i will be starting my unit 3, and continuing with my investigation, when i go back.

biggrin.gif
`..`._. $ m p l y _ h `..`._.

user posted image

#2 clueless

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 06 February 2005 - 09:08 AM

I've got mine on friday! I'm really terrible at the problem solving so 'm trying to find questions for practice. Anyone know of any site?

#3 werlop

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,497 posts
  • Location:Cambridge (Term Time), Bearsden (Glasgow) Non Term Time

Posted 06 February 2005 - 10:10 AM

I have my exam tomorrow it will have unit 1, a bit of 2 and all of 3 in it. The practice prelims that I have been looking at are soooo much harder than the past papers.

Rich, was yours a P&N paper, if it was, care to tell me any more about it tongue.gif

For problems see http://www.ltscotland.com/nq there is loads there.

btw unit 3 is much easier than the other 2, so you should be fine, there are a lot of proofs though.
Click here to visit the Bearsden Academy Website
user posted image

If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,
If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you
But make allowance for their doubting too,
If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
Or being lied about, don't deal in lies,
Or being hated, don't give way to hating,
And yet don't look too good, nor talk too wise:
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And--which is more--you'll be a Man, my son!

#4 $impl_ih

Top of the Class

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 06 February 2005 - 11:16 AM

QUOTE(werlop @ Feb 6 2005, 10:10 AM)
I have my exam tomorrow it will have unit 1, a bit of 2 and all of 3 in it. The practice prelims that I have been looking at are soooo much harder than the past papers.

Rich, was yours a P&N paper, if it was, care to tell me any more about it tongue.gif

For problems see http://www.ltscotland.com/nq there is loads there.

btw unit 3 is much easier than the other 2, so you should be fine, there are a lot of proofs though.

View Post

Alright, i dont think my prelim was a P&N paper, i think it was totally made up.
It was on blue paper and everything laugh.gif

I hope unit 3 is not too bad, as i have my investigation to do aswell unsure.gif

user posted image

#5 werlop

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,497 posts
  • Location:Cambridge (Term Time), Bearsden (Glasgow) Non Term Time

Posted 21 February 2005 - 05:14 PM

I got my prelim back, I got 80% which is an A. I am a bit dissapointed though as I know I could have done a bit better, I made a really stupid mistake which made me get 1.5/9 for one of the questions.
Click here to visit the Bearsden Academy Website
user posted image

If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,
If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you
But make allowance for their doubting too,
If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
Or being lied about, don't deal in lies,
Or being hated, don't give way to hating,
And yet don't look too good, nor talk too wise:
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And--which is more--you'll be a Man, my son!

#6 Dave

Ruler (but not owner) of hsn

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,252 posts
  • Interests:programming, exercising, brass band, using this board

Posted 21 February 2005 - 05:22 PM

i ruddy failed i am i bit annoyed because i lost 7 marks through arithmatic and rounding mistakes and not reading question correctly. That would have gotton me a good ish pass which then added to my investigation would ahve given me a B..properly.

My excuse is i was under extreame pressure because i had crashed the car into a ditch on the way there and was scared to go home if i couldn't get it out without a scrach (Which didn't happen btw)

If i am not here i am somewhere else

#7 $impl_ih

Top of the Class

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 21 February 2005 - 07:11 PM

I got my result back too, i got 75%.
I was pleased with my result 2nd highest in the class, but i also made lots of stupid mistakes, i was actually trying to make the questions harder than they were.
The more simple questions, i was giving complicated answers if you know what i mean.

Oh well ive learned form my mistakes now, and atleast its a backup incase anything goes wrong.

Now just to finish unit 3 and my investigation biggrin.gif

user posted image

#8 Holmes

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts
  • Interests:StirlingSwim

Posted 22 February 2005 - 04:43 PM

Good job everyone biggrin.gif

Ive not yet heard of anything in connection to our prelim. All i know is that we're holding off until we finish the course. We're cruising thru unit 3. Should be finished within the next 2 weeks so i should expect the prelim to follow soon after.

#9 Jas0n

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 06 March 2005 - 01:15 PM

We got ours a week ago and it was really hard I thought. Mostly I think I will loose my marks when it comes to proofs. Out of all the units, unit 3 is definitely the easiest.
IPB Image

#10 Holmes

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts
  • Interests:StirlingSwim

Posted 15 March 2005 - 04:38 PM

I got given a date today for my prelim. 5 weeks time, the first tuesday after the Easter holidays. Plenty of time to prepare biggrin.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users