Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Examples. - HSN forum

Examples.

4 replies to this topic

#1 Ally

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,912 posts
  • Interests:Just finished 1st year at uni studying medicine.

Posted 11 January 2004 - 09:55 PM

Hi,
Could you please include a lot of trigonometry q's in maths, unit 1. I find them very hard and confusing where you have to solve the equations and find the angles. I can't find anything that emplainss them properly.

ally

#2 George

Child Prodigy

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

Posted 11 January 2004 - 10:12 PM

Sorry, you've confused me a bit - there's no trig in Unit 1 that I can see. Unit 2 Outcome 3 is the Trigonometry topic, which invloves solving equations like 2cos3x + 1 = 0 and also involves the compound angle formulae - eg sin( A + B ) = sinAcosB + cosAsinB

I hope I've not confused you more! Maybe you could post a couple of questions you've come across, to give us a better idea what you find hard?

#3 Ally

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,912 posts
  • Interests:Just finished 1st year at uni studying medicine.

Posted 11 January 2004 - 10:20 PM

[/I]Im positive that Trigonometry is in Unit 1. I think it can be dfound in section 4 of Unit 1. The section is called Trigonometry: graphs and functions.

Anyway, the questions are like [I]solve 2 sin 3x = 0.5 for 0<x<180.

Questions like those but not including the compound angles as we haven't got on to them. We're half way through unit 2 and we've got out prelims in feb!!

Ally

#4 George

Child Prodigy

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

Posted 11 January 2004 - 10:28 PM

I'll look into getting some examples on that, because the difficulty should go with practice. One thing that came to mind is what my teacher always told us about those types of questions - they're like peeling away the layers of an onion. You just need to take it step by step, but eventually you should reach x=...

#5 George

Child Prodigy

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

Posted 14 January 2004 - 10:18 PM

You might like to try Question 6 in the new Unit 2 Level C Assessment. There's a link in this thread, where you can also post your feedback.

We also have notes for the trigonometry topic in production, and I will add a post to the forum when we release it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users