Private School / State School

202 replies to this topic

Poll: Which kind of school do you go to? (36 member(s) have cast votes)

Which kind of school do you go to?

1. Private School (3 votes [8.33%])

Percentage of vote: 8.33%

2. State School (33 votes [91.67%])

Percentage of vote: 91.67%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#201 chicken licking

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 22 February 2005 - 10:37 PM

Dreaming doesn’t get you any where. You have to do something however small and insignificant it maybe but. Who are we talking about our system or someone else’s. That’s a different kettle of fish.

Implications – there will always be repercussions with every action we take. I can’t think of a single situation or action which doesn’t have one.

Yet left others who are in poverty. Is that called improvement. It just changes the balance in *our well structured* system.

#202 bred

Brendan

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,215 posts
  • Interests:I have just graduated with a 2:1 in Geography [MA (Hons)] from The University of Edinburgh. I like sports: swimming, cycling, snowboarding, running, football, mountain biking and also travelling and photography.

Posted 22 February 2005 - 11:00 PM

Implications – there will always be repercussions with every action we take. I can’t think of a single situation or action which doesn’t have one.

I don't see the relevence here. This is just a generalisation that actions -> results :S
Yet left others who are in poverty. Is that called improvement.

SSP policies would leave a different section of society in poverty? You've got it all wrong, one of the most important issues to the SSP is the issue of poverty - that NOBODY should have to suffer in it.

I realise this thread has gone rather off-topic. I have created a new thread (which I think this topic deserves, considering the attention and controversy its created in this thread) which can be found here smile.gif
Please vote for me! (Brendan Howard, 5th from bottom, only 1 vote required): http://answers.polld...m/poll/2330393/

#203 Paul

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,621 posts
  • Interests:was at Glasgow Uni Studying Maths, Physics and Geography for a year but got bored of it and decided to go to Strathclyde and do Maths with Teaching, currently enjoying my summer holidays before starting 2nd year in september!<br /><br />grades achieved at school were:<br /><br />SG Maths - 1<br />SG Physics - 1<br />SG Graphics - 1<br />SG Admin - 1<br />SG German - 2<br />SG Geography - 2<br />SG English - 2<br />SG Art - 2<br />H Maths - B<br />H Physics - B<br />H English - B<br />H Art - A<br />H Accounts - A<br />H Admin - A<br />AH Maths - A<br />AH Art - C<br /><br />Music...wot would I do without it!? Kaiser Chiefs, Killers, Razorlight, Franz Ferdinand, Editors, Arctic Monkeys, Maximo Park, Hard-Fi, Greenday, Stereophonics, Oasis, Kasabian, Raconteurs, Dirty Pretty Things, Libertines... I could go on all day!<br /><br />Moderator for HSN so don't hesitate to get in touch!

Posted 12 May 2005 - 11:01 PM

pleas continue any posts for this conversation in http://www.hsn.uk.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=1855&st=0

ta!

Paul
Rockness 2008!
T in the Park 2008!
YAS!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users