Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Muck-up Day - HSN forum

Muck-up Day

19 replies to this topic

#1 George

Child Prodigy

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

Posted 11 May 2004 - 03:21 PM

There's been some discussion of this elsewhere already. Basically, in some schools the tradition is for the departing S6 to play practical jokes and generally make a mess of the place! rolleyes.gif

I've heard stories at my school ("back in the day") of a teacher's car being manoeuvred onto the stage ohmy.gif , but in recent years the last day has mainly seen beans poured in the vending machines, peanut butter on the toilet seats and fish above the ceiling tiles.

So, share any stories you have, or any of your own fiendish plans tongue.gif

#2 hollyplaydrums

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 May 2004 - 08:16 PM

my big sisters year put fish behind the radiators b4 end of term so that wen they came bak the whole skool was REEKN!!! and they done horrid stuff like pee'd in the kettles and in the corner of the common room

#3 sparky

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,323 posts

Posted 11 May 2004 - 08:30 PM

Yeah, moving into 6th yr, I have heard all the things that have gone on at my school.

The fish above ceiling tiles etc, must be very popular, the peeing in the kettles in the common room has been done, although the common room at our school is a dump, and has nothing like that in it, apart from a hi-fi with one speaker!
Mark

#4 George

Child Prodigy

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

Posted 11 May 2004 - 08:48 PM

We don't even have one! There is a tiny room behind the stage which was once the common room, but it's not used - a combination of it getting totally wrecked over the years, and it being too tiny to accommodate us.

Ah well, we're all out in the big wide world now (sort of). tongue.gif

#5 Terrence

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,227 posts
  • Interests:Internet.

Posted 12 May 2004 - 08:45 PM

Today was Muck-Up Day and one of this years pranks was putting the headteachers car on eBay.

Needless to say, he was not very impressed. biggrin.gif
@

#6 Jonathan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 18 May 2004 - 02:49 PM

1 we dont have a common room sad.gif

2 i have heard of someone putting their sh*t behind the radiator. Also, someone put fish behind the radiator and every class they went into the turned the deks round facing away from the board and the teacher.
Jesus Is Coming. Look Busy!

#7 xpurple_starsx

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 409 posts
  • Interests:Well I'm in second year at Glasgow Yewnee studying Biology Type Things... haven't decided on my actual degree subject yet... someone wanna choose for me??

Posted 18 May 2004 - 05:59 PM

Some of those ideas sound great especially the car on ebay one! The S6 who just left were suspended on the last day of school for having a paint gun fight in the common room and also using flour and eggs with the furniture as shields! Compared to some of the stuff on here it seems pretty lame.
The race is long, and in the end it's only with yourself.

#8 Guest_Doop_*

• Guests

Posted 19 May 2004 - 10:16 AM

Our muck up was banned this year. Last year someone let a sheep run around the school after feeding it laxatives. Another year, last i think, they put the school up for sale in an estate agents as a "360 room appartment".

We had a stripper one year, and some of the teachers got egged as well. The trees get covered in toilet paper every year, someone put frozen fish behind the doorhandles so no one could get in without having to remove the fish.

Erm.. i cnat remember anymore. biggrin.gif

#9 broxibabi

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 19 May 2004 - 03:59 PM

Our muck up day wasn't bad this year!!! Just water fights and then playin slam ball. I think they were all a bit worried though coz last year the 6th years went a bit far and got suspended. Two years ago they floured and egged the headmaster from windows on the top floor. Last year they wernt bad to start, we were doing Standard Grades that day and the soaked us all then went up 2 the balcony and threw flour over us so it stuck to us. Then they put bleach and washing up liquid in the can machine. They done the fish things to, put them in vents i think from what i can remember. The worst tho was in the middle of our exams, they gave my friend a drink but he didn't know that it had 26 laxatives in it and an ambulance had to come to school and he got taken to hospital!! If I can remember right I think the police had to come to school aswell. They were asked to leave after that. He was fine though the next day and he still laughs about it! So our 6th years were a bit boring this year...but they did have an obbsession with throwing poo about in pringles tubes all year!

#10 little_minx

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 24 May 2004 - 03:14 PM

Hey!

We don't have a "Muck-up day" as such, but we (S5) had a huuuuuge water fight with the S6 on their last day and got in sooooo much trouble (we got kicked out of the common room for a day sad.gif ). Some sixth years also toilet papered the staff room then blamed the fifth year! Oh and afterwards they PVA'd the Modern languages and English staff toilet seats - overheard some VERY funny stories about that one. Last year some of the guys in 6th year peed in the ripped leather couch we used to have. Eeeeew! but then we got a whole new school (and common room) so we're sorted! I think I'll have to introduce Muck-up day for my last day in S6. Advertising the school in an estate agents sounds like fun....

Laura xxx

laugh.gif

#11 Blah

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 May 2004 - 01:53 AM

We were warned that any practical jokes would result in immediate exclusion for all those involved. This would also mean that we would miss our first exams, so nobody did anything.

#12 Silver

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Location:Chasing WB execs with a knife- damn those Angel cancellers
  • Interests:Buffy, Angel, ice skating, my pond, the supernatural, Ginger Snaps (I and II), Thirteen, Graphic design, Flash movies, RPGs (playing and creating), drawing, writing

Posted 01 June 2004 - 08:38 PM

Blah, we got the same warning, so they came in before school and painted a naked person saying 'Welcome to Eastwood!' then hung around outside with water pistols attacking teachers and workmen... every single one was suspended for the day.

#13 Laura

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 04 June 2004 - 05:04 PM

Hey Silver, I greatly approve of your signature!! tongue.gif

Is Earshot your favourite episode?

#14 lorna_04

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 27 May 2005 - 07:09 PM

Our muck-up day began about 3 days before leavin school - started painting our names on the common room walls. The last day started with boozin it down the common room and then water fights (with S1 and S2 - we won of course) and plastic spoons being chucked around. We were asked to leave about half 12 and then headed down to a local field for a bbq.

#15 lipu

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 27 May 2005 - 07:25 PM

There was one very bad year at my school that I can remember, where the police had to be called and a few got an unexpected taxi ride!

This year the Rector pulled the plug on it during Period 3 and sent all the S6 home. After that really abd yea Muck-up day has never been the same, but It's my years turn next June and I have some realy good ideas!
Law and Management Student
Robert Gordon University

------
George Orwell provided us with a warning, not an Instruction Manual
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little termporary safety deserve neither liberty or safety

Without freedom to offend, freedom of expression ceases to exist

#16 AmAnDa

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts
  • Interests:Gymnastics, watching TV, listening to music, shopping

Posted 28 May 2005 - 04:54 PM

There is always a Muck Up Day at my School!!
This year some 6th years got up in the middle of the night, the night before muck up day, and painted "Class of 2005" on the ground in white paint. It was HUGE!!!!

user posted image
(`'•.Έ(`'•.Έ Έ.•'΄)Έ.•'΄)
x..*...x•..•°.Amanda loves Craig•..•°.x...*..x
(Έ.•'΄(Έ.•'΄ `'•.Έ)`'•.Έ)

#17 oddbins

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts
  • Interests:I can't be arsed writing anything here. And I hate writing about myself anyway.

Posted 28 May 2005 - 05:05 PM

Our skool use to do muck-up days, but I think they kept getting out of hand.
This year the rector threatened to cancel the prom if the 6th year did anything, so the only thing they did really was have a water fight outside last period. But none of them bothered to show up for any of their classes when they had exams the next day.

#18 AmAnDa

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts
  • Interests:Gymnastics, watching TV, listening to music, shopping

Posted 28 May 2005 - 05:08 PM

QUOTE(oddbins @ May 28 2005, 06:05 PM)
Our skool use to do muck-up days, but I think they kept getting out of hand.
This year the rector threatened to cancel the prom if the 6th year did anything, so the only thing they did really was have a water fight outside last period. But none of them bothered to show up for any of their classes when they had exams the next day.

View Post

The Recotor and the teachers threatened to cancel their Prom as well, but it didn't seem to stop them! tongue.gif lol

user posted image
(`'•.Έ(`'•.Έ Έ.•'΄)Έ.•'΄)
x..*...x•..•°.Amanda loves Craig•..•°.x...*..x
(Έ.•'΄(Έ.•'΄ `'•.Έ)`'•.Έ)

#19 Gavers

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 28 May 2005 - 05:15 PM

Wouldn't be surprisedif our Rectum... sorry... Rector cancelled our prom just for his own little spot of fun.. The guy's a complete *Naughty words, naughty wods*. He got rid of free periods coz we "don't use them to study in" (complete mince, we all study in them, it was just last years 6th year), and now they've got rid of the prefect common room all together - turned it into a fitness room. All sorts of other stuff like that make him an erm... stupid person! lol

Our muck - up day was kind of a bit spoiled, coz on the day before it was supposed to happen during the last period our DHT came over the tannoy and announced they were starting study leave a day early so people doing English could study properly.

We all came in on the thursday anyways, but nothing big happened, cept a small water fight (I got soaked) and a big game of baseball, lol

#20 cc100

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 28 May 2005 - 07:05 PM

Muck-up day was banned in our school this year, and the 6th years were threatened with not getting a Leavers' Dance if they didn't behave. So most of them took the day off and had fights with assorted foods in the park across the road.
The tradition of previous years was to smash up all the furniture in the common room so that the next year couldn't use it, but the headmaster outlawed that, too. So they sneakily peed on the sofas instead. Nice. Let's just say I won't be sitting on any of them next year...
"...You may shoot me with your words,
You may cut me with your eyes,
You may kill me with your hatefulness,
But still, like air, I'll rise....
Just like moons and like suns,
With the certainty of tides,
Just like hopes springing high,
Still I'll rise."

**Maya Angelou**

Si tu le fais, le fais bien ou ne le fais pas.

Against terrorism and in favour of peace.
Contra el terrorismo y a favor de la paz.

An eye for an eye will turn the world blind.
Ojo por ojo y el mundo acabarα ciego.
~Gandhi~

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users