Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Maths Notes Mistake - HSN forum

Maths Notes Mistake

4 replies to this topic

#1 ermd

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,585 posts

Posted 10 January 2005 - 09:27 PM

The mistake is in the answers to the level C assessment for unit 1, question 9. The final answer given:

dy/dx = -2[^-3] + 5x[^-6]

It should be:

dy/dx = -2x[^-3] + 5x[^-6]

rolleyes.gif

#2 Dave

Ruler (but not owner) of hsn

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,252 posts
  • Interests:programming, exercising, brass band, using this board

Posted 10 January 2005 - 09:31 PM

i quite agree rolleyes.gif

If i am not here i am somewhere else

#3 Ali89

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Interests:Im a big fan of the outdoors! Whenever possible, i try to get out hillwalking / mountainbiking and during the winter months also try and get as much cross country skiing as possible! Also love cycling!<br /><br />always over at the west coast - favourite place in the world along with the Outer Hebrides.<br /><br />Done Bronze and Silver and in amongst Gold duke of Edinburgh at the moment. <br /><br />Done voluntary work at a nursing home now for over 2 years and still enjoying it!<br /><br />anyway, think that's enough about me.

Posted 03 October 2005 - 09:11 PM

Thought I'd point out a VERY small mistake in the "Higher Maths Unit 1 Notes". On page 4, the section on gradients of perpendicular lines, it says

"the rule when dealing with perpendicular lines is m1 x m2 = 1"

Where it should be "= -1"

sorry to point out such a small error.

These notes are VERY useful by the way... good stuff! smile.gif

#4 Dave

Ruler (but not owner) of hsn

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,252 posts
  • Interests:programming, exercising, brass band, using this board

Posted 03 October 2005 - 10:41 PM

no i see it as "-1" in the PDF

are you using a new version of the reader i am using 6 and i can see the neg sign

If i am not here i am somewhere else

#5 Ali89

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Interests:Im a big fan of the outdoors! Whenever possible, i try to get out hillwalking / mountainbiking and during the winter months also try and get as much cross country skiing as possible! Also love cycling!<br /><br />always over at the west coast - favourite place in the world along with the Outer Hebrides.<br /><br />Done Bronze and Silver and in amongst Gold duke of Edinburgh at the moment. <br /><br />Done voluntary work at a nursing home now for over 2 years and still enjoying it!<br /><br />anyway, think that's enough about me.

Posted 04 October 2005 - 04:23 PM

I was only going by a printed version I have... and my printer is very low on ink. Everything's gone a lot lighter so maybe it just didn't print it.

Right enough, had a look at the online version and the negative sign! smile.gif Better get some ink I think!

sorry about that! As I say... excellent notes. Quite a life saver for the dreaded "Maths Extension Tests" today.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users