Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
study leave - HSN forum

study leave

63 replies to this topic

#1 Dave

Ruler (but not owner) of hsn

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,252 posts
  • Interests:programming, exercising, brass band, using this board

Posted 08 May 2004 - 08:53 PM

with the first exam on friday i was wondering when you were getting study leave

I am getting none before the exam which on one hhand is good because i still haven't done any tests on the third unit for appeals evidence

My english teacher is not a happy bunny at this and i was wondering if this is a common problem or if you find it a problem at all

If i am not here i am somewhere else

#2 Holly

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 08 May 2004 - 09:20 PM

Study leave starts on the 10th (monday) for my school so i have all next week up till friday for revision. Lucky i guess.

#3 Discogirl17

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,034 posts

Posted 09 May 2004 - 08:33 PM

Yeh. It really is a common problem. I'm not getting any leave so I'm taking it. I dont care what they do I am taking Thursday off. I just finished the third unit tests for appeals purpose on Wednesday. U r so lucky Holly, 4 days you get, I get none !
sad.gif It is a problem yes.
Half ideas,half quality, half a million pound law suit!

#4 Dave

Ruler (but not owner) of hsn

• Moderators
  • 4,252 posts
  • Interests:programming, exercising, brass band, using this board

Posted 10 May 2004 - 05:04 PM

my problem just got worse cos i am ill nad had to take the day off and missed the maths extra prelim. This is not good and if i take tomorrow and the day after that off i miss an additional evidense test on physics and chemistry sad.gif

If i am not here i am somewhere else

#5 Holly

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 10 May 2004 - 06:42 PM

Wow, I didnt realise how lucky my school was, I thought everyones study leave started on the 10th. Yeah, Its good that i have 4 days, just take the time off lulu, these exams set out the rest of your life!!!! Scary stuff!

ohmy.gif Poor you Dave, take meds and i hope you feel better soon for the exams! smile.gif

#6 Vazza

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 10 May 2004 - 07:28 PM

Our school doesn't get study leave officially until Friday sad.gif . Many people are taking this week off too. I'm not since I can't study at home, too many distaractions and I have things to finish in some classes rolleyes.gif . Besides, its my last year and we're having a laugh this week, mainly coz we can't concentrate with everything else. Anyhow, thoses who are going back are due in the 7th June. Me? Permentment holiday biggrin.gif

Good luck everyone when the time comes

#7 sparky

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,323 posts

Posted 10 May 2004 - 08:13 PM

My study leave starts on Friday (day of the English exam)! AND most people at our school are definately having Thursday off! And a few of them a few more days! I had my last prelim today on maths!

Mark

#8 Allan

Top of the Class

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 10 May 2004 - 08:29 PM

Thankfully we've been given this week off!

I'd be taking at least a day off if we hadn't

#9 sparky

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,323 posts

Posted 10 May 2004 - 08:56 PM

We are due back on the 7th aswell I think, if this is the monday after the 2nd! I have 4 days off anyway after my H Chemistry before we're due back.
Mark

#10 Martin

Top of the Class

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 10 May 2004 - 11:56 PM

Study leave at my school starts on the 13. But I said bugger it and it started last Tuesday for me! I talked my parents into it.
"I'm not scared of dying... I just don't want to!"

#11 Holly

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 12 May 2004 - 05:41 PM

QUOTE (Martin @ May 11 2004, 12:56 AM)
Study leave at my school starts on the 13. But I said bugger it and it started last Tuesday for me! I talked my parents into it.

lol, good plan, im feeling better about english exam. Just keeping focused.

#12 Martin

Top of the Class

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 12 May 2004 - 05:51 PM

QUOTE (Holly @ May 12 2004, 05:41 PM)
QUOTE (Martin @ May 11 2004, 12:56 AM)

lol, good plan, im feeling better about english exam. Just keeping focused.

i'm doing some final work on stuff now. i got my tutor to go over the main themes in r&j.

i had to go in today actually to finish some unit assessments i never bothered doing. i think there are 16 nabs for economics! fun.
"I'm not scared of dying... I just don't want to!"

#13 Icemaiden

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts
  • Interests:Mwahahahaha!Attempting to dominate the world.

Posted 12 May 2004 - 07:39 PM

Our study leave starts tomorrow, so guess where i'll be.....in the local library revising like mad (well I have started.....did quite a lot)

Ice Maiden
http://icemaiden04.deviantart.com

I'm a nutter in need of a new home (any offers?!? :P)

Cornish Pasty Pixie

"Its a new dawn,its a new day,its a new life for me....and i'm feeling good" -->Muse,Feeling good

#14 $impl_ih

Top of the Class

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 12 May 2004 - 07:43 PM

Same here my study leave dont start till the day of English exam mad.gif ,
but im not going 2 skool 2 morrow biggrin.gif
Quite a lot of people went home this afternoon.

cool.gif

`..`._. $ m p l y _ h `..`._.

user posted image

#15 superstar

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 671 posts

Posted 12 May 2004 - 08:14 PM

Yeah thts the same with us. Our study leace starts tomorrow which is crap. One day to revise!! I have just stayed off yesterday and today. It has been of great help cause being at school has been such a waste of time as we are only revisin and i find it easier to revise at home.
I recomend anyone who doesnt get study leave just to stay off skool, in my prelims i did and it was well worth it!!!
smile.gif

#16 $impl_ih

Top of the Class

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 12 May 2004 - 08:20 PM

The thing is that on days like today, many people dont turn up and there were only like 5 ppl in my class, and we had to join up with another class, and jst sit and do nutin. Wat was the point in that, that was the waste of my afternoon, i mite aswell have stayed at home and done my own revision.
`..`._. $ m p l y _ h `..`._.

user posted image

#17 superstar

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 671 posts

Posted 12 May 2004 - 08:25 PM

simply rich i couldn't agree more!

#18 Terrence

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,227 posts
  • Interests:Internet.

Posted 12 May 2004 - 08:58 PM

Today was our last day - yay! Our study leave is until Friday the 4th of June [which is when we do all the boring administrative induction nonsense]; then we have Monday the 7th set aside for an induction 'activities' day [a day full of doing scary stuff like rock-climbing and even scarier things like team building exercises]; theeeeen, our new timetables start on the 8th.

Yay for study leave!
@

#19 hollyplaydrums

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 May 2004 - 04:00 PM

our study leave started today ends in june 10th or sumfin like that, but im takin all the time off i need to recover from this child abuse that they put us through! blink.gif

#20 Stirling Bhoy

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 13 May 2004 - 04:56 PM

I only got off yesterday and only had today off. I've found myself quite badly prepared for English.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users