Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Psychology Nab - HSN forum

Psychology Nab

8 replies to this topic

#1 Kevin_Kilbane

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 14 December 2004 - 04:40 PM

Right just wondering if anyone else is in the same position. Im about to do my first Psychology NAB next week, but Ive looked through all the notes and just don't know what to study. blink.gif

What has everyone been studying for it?

#2 Infinite_Dreams

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 14 December 2004 - 08:49 PM

I did my NAB.
Anyway, I wrote my own revision notes on memory and attachment that were much shorter than the pages and pages of information we've been given, and hopefully will be useful for the exam itself. Before the NAB I made sure I knew:

Memory
Types of memory (episodic, semantic, procedural etc).
Models of Memory (Multi-store, Working Memory, Levels of Processing).
Forgetting in long and short term memory.
Memory Improvement techniques (Imagery, organisation, mnemonics etc).
One study on memory in detail plus conclusions of various others(I remembered the Peterson and Peterson (1959) study.)

Attachment
Definition of attachment. (I remembered Schaffer (1993) "Attachment is a strong emotional bond between 2 individuals, characterised by mutual affection and the desire to maintain proximity")
Stages of attachment. (Asocial, Indiscriminate etc. + how these were found (Schaffer and Emeron (1964)))
Behaviourist and Psychoanalytic views of attachment.
Ainsworth's Strange Situation study + conclusions.
Bowlby's Theory of Attachment (4 parts + what it was based on).
Parenting Skills, and how and why they differ across culture and social class.
Various Studies into attachment, deprivation etc and mainly the conclusions reached.

I'd like to tell you the questions but I don't think I should since it's kinda against the rules...

Edited by Infinite_Dreams, 17 December 2004 - 08:21 PM.

#3 Kevin_Kilbane

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 14 December 2004 - 10:50 PM

I dont think Ive done any of that. I thought it was conformity, prejudice, scizhoprehnia, conditioning etc and the research studies blink.gif

#4 Infinite_Dreams

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 15 December 2004 - 12:09 AM

Ahh...you've started on unit 3 of the course.

#5 kirsty1988

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Interests:Music<br />Relationships<br />Friendships<br />Food<br />XBOX!<br />Dancing my own way

Posted 21 February 2005 - 06:58 PM

How is this your first Nab? Are you taking the new Higher or the old one? blink.gif
Kirsty Worsty

#6 Ally

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,912 posts
  • Interests:Just finished 1st year at uni studying medicine.

Posted 21 February 2005 - 07:13 PM

Are there two psychology courses running at the same time? blink.gif

#7 kirsty1988

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Interests:Music<br />Relationships<br />Friendships<br />Food<br />XBOX!<br />Dancing my own way

Posted 21 February 2005 - 07:22 PM

QUOTE(ally @ Feb 21 2005, 07:13 PM)
Are there two psychology courses running at the same time?  blink.gif

View Post

There is the old pschology course which has been running for afew years.
Then there is a brand new higher psychology course which has been sat for the first time (this year). It's just been updated- because psychology keeps changing and expanding you see!
Kirsty Worsty

#8 Ally

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,912 posts
  • Interests:Just finished 1st year at uni studying medicine.

Posted 21 February 2005 - 07:40 PM

Ah, that's pretty weird. So there'll be two different exams then?

#9 Kevin_Kilbane

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 21 February 2005 - 10:00 PM

Is it not because some people were handed out the Old Higher material then only got the new stuff in September. That happened to me.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users