Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
New Higher Psychology - HSN forum - Page 2

New Higher Psychology

28 replies to this topic

#21 scotland_2004

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 01 April 2005 - 08:30 PM

Hi, i was just wondering what peoples experimental hypothesis and null hypothesis were for the investigation on mental illnesses? thanks!

#22 scotland_2004

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 10 April 2005 - 11:44 AM

hey, could someone please help who did psychology - still havent finished my report, im doing the mental illness one so wondering what people put for their hypothesis and null hypothesis and how theys showed their info, tables etc?!?! please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! im desperate!!

#23 kirsty1988

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Interests:Music<br />Relationships<br />Friendships<br />Food<br />XBOX!<br />Dancing my own way

Posted 10 April 2005 - 03:06 PM

QUOTE(scotland_2004 @ Apr 10 2005, 11:44 AM)
hey, could someone please help who did psychology - still havent finished my report, im doing the mental illness one so wondering what people put for their hypothesis and null hypothesis and how theys showed their info, tables etc?!?! please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! im desperate!!

View Post

You must have in your project; Front cover, Contents, Abstract, Intro, Method, Results, Discussion, References. + Appendices (explained further down).

Abstract:- Brief summary of project (type it once you've done all other parts).
Mention:
-the aim/background to your study plus the hypothesis
- the participants (include how you selected your sample of participants)
-the design (Independent and dependent variable) and the procedure
-your findings
-your conclusions
(5 marks altogether- so dosen't need to be detailed)

Introduction:- (10 marks)
Mention:
-show what is meant by atypical behaviour
-in-depth discussion of negative attitudes to atypical behaviour (include research findings) what are these attutudes? how people with mental health are subject to discrimination etc..
-aim of your study
-hypothesis
-explain why you chose this hypothesis

Method:- (8 marks) Consisting of sections, which you must put under seperate subheadings.
Mention:
-PARTICIPANTS: how and where you got your participants, include sampling technique, how many males and females, ages etc.
-APPARATUS/MATERIALS: anything used in experiment; questionnaires etc.
-DESIGN: state what kind of experiment it is (laboratory, field or natural); the type of desing used (independent groups, repeated measures or matched pairs); state the IV and DP; describe any controls used + explain why
-PROCEDURE: write in detail what you did from start to finish! From setting up the project to how you carried out the experiment. DETAILED.

Results:- (8 marks)
-Written summary of results; write what median etc were for each condition in sentences
-Tables and graphs; sepearate suitable tables for each "condition"
* Raw Data (ie individual scores) and Calculations are put in Appences placed at the end of your research project. These must be included in your project.
-Discuss in terms of hypotheses; do the findings support your hypotheses? Explain why you refute or accept your hypothesis according to your findings.

Discussion:- (12 marks)
-State findings; summarise mean etc for each condition and what you think it indicates.
-Discuss findings in terms of hypothese; similar to end of results. What does it suggest about attitudes towards atypical behaviour in young people or your selected sample?
-Discuss the problems you faced in your study
-What can be done to prevent these re-occuring if you were to repeat the study
-Implications of your findings, what they suggest; is this a problem or not?
-Suggestion for future research in the area of attitudes to mental health
-Conclusion

References:- (3 marks)
IN ALPHABETICAL ORDER (ask teacher about how to set out studys correctly).

Appendices:- Your calculations and raw data (ie tables) and anything else you used, that you think should be placed in appendices.

GOOD LUCK! cool.gif hope this shows you what you have to do.

Kirsty Worsty

#24 xpurple_starsx

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 409 posts
  • Interests:Well I'm in second year at Glasgow Yewnee studying Biology Type Things... haven't decided on my actual degree subject yet... someone wanna choose for me??

Posted 11 April 2005 - 12:49 PM

Experimental Hypothesis Non Directional: the knowledge of someones mental health history will influence another persons judgement of them as measured by a social distance scale.

Null Hypothesis: The knowledge of someones mental health history will not influence another persons judgement of them as measured by a social distance scale. The results are due to chance or other random factors.

Sorry it took me so long to reply! I'll be faster in future!

Also remember your contents page and number the pages, apparently that gets you an extra mark!
The race is long, and in the end it's only with yourself.

#25 coolncleo

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts
  • Interests:HAVING FUN

Posted 20 April 2005 - 03:41 PM

hey yeh am doing psychology too.. we have to go to the nearby uni to do it. we have only just handed in our research investigation, our teacher is such a bad one but she seems to have literally disappeared so we have got a new teacher and she is so good,she thought we were so far behind we werent going to be able to finish, we were supposed to be doing 2 of the units for the optional choice in the exam so we could choose, but basically because we dont have time we are only doing one.
I did the effect of chunking on the short term memory for my investiagtion i found it quite easy to write about

#26 Terrence

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,227 posts
  • Interests:Internet.

Posted 20 April 2005 - 06:06 PM

We're onto our THIRD lecturer now! Haha, it's such a mess. We're so far behind.

Does anyone know if we'll get penalised for going over the word limit? (Say writing about 2500 words when the recommended number is 1500 - 2000)

Also, will we be penalised if one section (such as the introduction) is quite a bit shorter (like 100 or 200 words shorter) than what was recommended?

My report is completely rubbish.
@

#27 coolncleo

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 21 April 2005 - 01:33 PM

QUOTE(tuppence @ Apr 20 2005, 06:06 PM)
We're onto our THIRD lecturer now! Haha, it's such a mess. We're so far behind.

Does anyone know if we'll get penalised for going over the word limit? (Say writing about 2500 words when the recommended number is 1500 - 2000)

Also, will we be penalised if one section (such as the introduction) is quite a bit shorter (like 100 or 200 words) than what was recommended?

My report is completely rubbish.

View Post

I dont think it does matter alot of my class have between 2200 - 2600, n our teacher never said anything to us about it, if you do. Not sure about the intro dont think it will matter not as if they are going to sit and count, itl jus be a rough estimate so unless it looks like there is nowhere near 200 words then i wouldnt worry too much!!

#28 Ross

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 30 May 2005 - 04:33 PM

Thats the one I did, Chunking on effects of serial recall ohmy.gif)

#29 coolncleo

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 30 May 2005 - 04:38 PM

QUOTE(Ross @ May 30 2005, 04:33 PM)
Thats the one I did, Chunking on effects of serial recall ohmy.gif)

View Post

lol yeh think alot of people did

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users