Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
New Higher Psychology - HSN forum

New Higher Psychology

28 replies to this topic

#1 kirsty1988

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Interests:Music<br />Relationships<br />Friendships<br />Food<br />XBOX!<br />Dancing my own way

Posted 05 December 2004 - 04:16 PM

Is anyone doing the new higher psychology course? It would be helpful to speak to somone, to share help with questions etc. I think HSN should have more special forums. BIOLOGY if nothing else! It makes sense!!!!!!
Kirsty Worsty

#2 chicken licking

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 05 December 2004 - 05:07 PM

QUOTE(kirsty1988 @ Dec 5 2004, 05:16 PM)
I think HSN should have more special forums. BIOLOGY if nothing else! It makes sense!!!!!!

View Post

I totally agree!

#3 Infinite_Dreams

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 05 December 2004 - 07:08 PM

I'm doing the course. What're you stuck with?

#4 xpurple_starsx

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 409 posts
  • Interests:Well I'm in second year at Glasgow Yewnee studying Biology Type Things... haven't decided on my actual degree subject yet... someone wanna choose for me??

Posted 06 December 2004 - 04:59 PM

I'm doing psychology and I totally agree with the Biology thing! There are forums for theother sciences so why not Biology eh?
The race is long, and in the end it's only with yourself.

#5 Dave

Ruler (but not owner) of hsn

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,252 posts
  • Interests:programming, exercising, brass band, using this board

Posted 06 December 2004 - 05:04 PM

the point is tho in the non-hsn part these subject people are wanting dedicated forums for haven't been very busy or are you trying to say that you need one orr think these subjects would be busier with there own forum

If i am not here i am somewhere else

#6 kirsty1988

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Interests:Music<br />Relationships<br />Friendships<br />Food<br />XBOX!<br />Dancing my own way

Posted 06 December 2004 - 06:27 PM

QUOTE(Infinite_Dreams @ Dec 5 2004, 07:08 PM)
I'm doing the course. What're you stuck with?

View Post

I'm not stuck right now, but just wandered if anyone else was doing it tongue.gif

Kirsty Worsty

#7 Terrence

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,227 posts
  • Interests:Internet.

Posted 06 December 2004 - 08:59 PM

I'm doing it!
@

#8 Quirkycat

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • Interests:Nearly everything ...

Posted 14 January 2005 - 12:27 AM

Cool! You can do Higher Pyscology?! I really want to try that ... what school do you go to?!
Is the subject good, and how much does it relate to Biology? Only I think I'd like to study the two subjects at Uni, and I wondered how well they go together ...

Soz for asking so many questions, tho!
LOL ... it's me again! *grabs ppl to stop them running away* Now just u stay and listen to me ... hehe!

#9 xpurple_starsx

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 409 posts
  • Interests:Well I'm in second year at Glasgow Yewnee studying Biology Type Things... haven't decided on my actual degree subject yet... someone wanna choose for me??

Posted 14 January 2005 - 05:21 PM

Parts of Psychology do relate to Biology quite a bit. My teacher told us that Biology and Psychology go really well together as subjects if you want to study them at Uni. A lot of people do psychology with Sociology but Biology is a better choice apparently.

#10 Quirkycat

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • Interests:Nearly everything ...

Posted 16 January 2005 - 05:00 PM

QUOTE(xpurple_starsx @ Jan 14 2005, 05:21 PM)
Parts of Psychology do relate to Biology quite a bit. My teacher told us that Biology and Psychology go really well together as subjects if you want to study them at Uni. A lot of people do psychology with Sociology but Biology is a better choice apparently.

View Post

K' thanks! I think Bio and psychology would be really interesting to do at Uni, so hopefully ...
LOL ... it's me again! *grabs ppl to stop them running away* Now just u stay and listen to me ... hehe!

#11 kirsty1988

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 21 February 2005 - 06:53 PM

Has anyone started their psychology research project? What do you think about the write-up of the whole project? It's annoying. 20% of our grade too!
Kirsty Worsty

#12 natalie1062

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 21 February 2005 - 10:48 PM

We started our research project a few weeks ago, it's pretty boring though as the choice this year is so limited.
Can I ask people which topics they are doing from each unit? I am so confused, I don't even know which topics are compulsory because they changed the higher this year so don't really know what to study!
I'd be grateful for any feedback smile.gif

#13 Ally

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,912 posts
  • Interests:Just finished 1st year at uni studying medicine.

Posted 21 February 2005 - 11:01 PM

I *think* these are the arrangments documents for the new course: http://www.sqa.org.uk/files_ccc/PsychologyHigher.pdf

They should tell you what stuff you need to know.

#14 scotland_2004

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 22 February 2005 - 08:00 PM

Hey! I'm doin the New Psychology Higher this year. It's an open learning course and our tutur is so disorganised that she sent the research investigation on Monday which is nearly 2 months late! Completly useless! Plus, she has said it needs to be in on Friday! It's so tough since got four other highers to do work for too! Is anyone else having trouble with open learning? Also, is anyone else doing their investigation on peoples perceptions on people with a psychiatric history? Any help would be great!! Thanks!! xox

#15 kirsty1988

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 31 March 2005 - 07:23 PM

QUOTE(scotland_2004 @ Feb 22 2005, 08:00 PM)
Hey! I'm doin the New Psychology Higher this year. It's an open learning course and our tutur is so disorganised that she sent the research investigation on Monday which is nearly 2 months late! Completly useless! Plus, she has said it needs to be in on Friday! It's so tough since got four other highers to do work for too! Is anyone else having trouble with open learning?  Also, is anyone else doing their investigation on peoples perceptions on people with a psychiatric history? Any help would be great!! Thanks!! xox

View Post

I know it is way late but I only justnoticed ur post. We did attitudes towards people with a history of mental health. MY project is too long, about 20 pages. We handed ours in today. It was rather a drag to do!!

Another annoying thing is that we can't revise past papers!
Kirsty Worsty

#16 scotland_2004

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 01 April 2005 - 12:32 PM

okay, i literally have not started typing mine out! i am seriously panicking! am i right in thinking the final deadline is the 20th of April? i am so worried not going to be able to get it finished in time!! any tips? How long would you say you took to type yours out?? What was on your front page? is the word limit not 2000? Will you get penalised for 20 pages? thanks!

#17 xpurple_starsx

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 409 posts

Posted 01 April 2005 - 01:29 PM

I did mine on attitudes to mental health as well. It is supposed to be 2000 words but mine went over that. We got told as long as it's not like 3000 you should be okay.

My front page had 'Higher Psychology' then the title which was sumthing like ' Field Experiment Investigating Attitudes Towards Mental Illness' and then my name. When I did mine I typed it all out at first, none of it was written. If you need any help on what to include let me know and I'll try to help!

#18 scotland_2004

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 01 April 2005 - 02:06 PM

k thanks for the quick reply! no doubt ill have loads more questions to ask you! im doing open learning and our tutor is completely useless! have u got your third unit yet? she seems to have a real problem sending things on time! but our Head Teacher has complained to her superior so hopefully she'll get hell!!

#19 xpurple_starsx

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 409 posts

Posted 01 April 2005 - 06:14 PM

We did the third unit first so right now we're near the end of the first unit ( the one with memory and stress). We get lecturers coming to our school to teach us. I was really surprised by how much there is to do in the course but because this is the first year of the new higher it means it might be easier to get a better mark! At least I hope.

#20 Terrence

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,227 posts
  • Interests:Internet.

Posted 01 April 2005 - 07:34 PM

How come you lot have written so much for your RI?!

I've got practically NOTHING to write about in mine. It's so rubbish. It's about chunking and it's effects on STM recall. Boring? Yes.

I've only written about 1800 words sad.gif
@

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users