Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
ARGH just over a week to go!! - HSN forum

ARGH just over a week to go!!

5 replies to this topic

#1 gaveaway

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
  • Interests:music

Posted 05 May 2004 - 06:45 PM

hey. so u all nervous or all geared up and wishing it was over???
Anyway just incase im bogged down with studying wink.gif i just wanted to wish u all the very best of luck for the big one next week!! And i'm sure u will all do super duper. Also thanks for all the help u have all contributed, can't thank u guys enough ( u guys are way better then my english teacher!) tongue.gif keep up the good work!!! Take care and good luck again!!! Woohoo summer holidays here we come!!!!
if barbie was so popular then why do u have to buy her friends

#2 russellelly

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 05 May 2004 - 07:32 PM

VERY nervous, wishing it would be all over and that decent questions come up!

Very best of luck to ALL here

Let's not panic, and remember if it doesn't go to plan don't get too upset about it and stay focused on the exams you are still to sit - once you've left the room there's nothing You cna do about it, before you enter the room you still have some control smile.gif

#3 sparky

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,323 posts

Posted 05 May 2004 - 08:02 PM

I will be really nervous before the critical essays, close reading is just a skill that you must apply so it's ok!

I am HOPING for decent questions, if I get hit with crappy ones, I'll not be in a good mood, but at the moment I am not too worried about English, although the daunting fact is that these exams are suddenly here - feels as though you've done hardly any studying when really you have done loads!!!

Good Luck everyone cool.gif
Mark

#4 catm82

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 07 May 2004 - 08:30 AM

here's a tip that our English teacher gave us for studying:
randomly pick a year from your past papers book and then read the questions. pick a question and draw a wee spider diagram for it, basically a plan for the essay.
A short story I'm doing is "A rat and some rennovations" and there's a question that says look at a novel or short story that uses humour to tell the story...
In the middle of the page I would write humour, then I'd write the different types of humour, and then I'd write the most important humourous incidents from the story with quotes... and hey presto, I've studied! smile.gif and then I just pray that an easy question like that comes up, and not one about symbolism or the narration from the story. If that happenes, I will cry. unsure.gif
This will show you what you need to study more and what you already know.

#5 Ally

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,912 posts
  • Interests:Just finished 1st year at uni studying medicine.

Posted 08 May 2004 - 01:02 PM

After just completing the 2002 Close Reading, I have come to the conclusion that I'm going to fail English. I did abysmally, only getting about 13 marks in the first passage - a fail!! sad.gif

Anyone else had a go at it?

#6 Discogirl17

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,034 posts

Posted 11 May 2004 - 10:18 PM

Yes it was hard. Dont worry that certainly is the hardest passage I've come across. Please people stop mentionin gthe iminent exams... It stressful!! lol laugh.gif
Half ideas,half quality, half a million pound law suit!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users