Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
How long does it take uni's to give offers... - HSN forum - Page 2

How long does it take uni's to give offers...

24 replies to this topic

#21 George

Child Prodigy

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

Posted 01 December 2004 - 10:36 PM

QUOTE(lesley @ Dec 1 2004, 08:52 PM)
I've been assured that a first come first serve basis does NOT apply.

View Post

QUOTE(Kevin_Kilbane @ Dec 1 2004, 08:55 PM)
Have Glasgow not been giving out offers for ages though?

View Post

I think it entirely depends what you're applying for. I applied to Edinburgh Uni for Maths, and I was told that science courses are generally undersubscibed, so they can confidently give out unconditionals to people applying with the required grades. For more competitive courses, I think they take their time with it.

#22 Lesley

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,868 posts
  • Interests:Haribo and irn bru, thanks.

Posted 02 December 2004 - 03:18 PM

My UCAS advisor said "where did you get that daft idea from..." so hopefully the greatness of Mr G has an idea what his jobs all about. If it was 1st come 1st serve i'm certain my school would have had them all away by now.
user posted image
Cows are magnificent,
Cows I call them "moos",
And sometimes silly folk,
They call my moos "coos".

#23 Rubberducky

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 02 December 2004 - 06:38 PM

QUOTE(lesley @ Dec 2 2004, 03:18 PM)
My UCAS advisor said "where did you get that daft idea from..." so hopefully the greatness of Mr G has an idea what his jobs all about. If it was 1st come 1st serve i'm certain my school would have had them all away by now.

View Post

have you ever been to any university open days? cos they tell u that it is like that! they keep a percentage of places available until the deadline and for clearing but the majority of it is indeed first come first served!!
user posted image

#24 Lesley

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,868 posts
  • Interests:Haribo and irn bru, thanks.

Posted 02 December 2004 - 07:18 PM

i dont get why different sources are telling me different things. I was at two open days and they said nothing about first come first serve basis.
user posted image
Cows are magnificent,
Cows I call them "moos",
And sometimes silly folk,
They call my moos "coos".

#25 Ally

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,912 posts
  • Interests:Just finished 1st year at uni studying medicine.

Posted 02 December 2004 - 07:20 PM

I think it would entirely depend on what courses and what university you are applying to.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users