Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Leckie & Leckie Monopoly - HSN forum - Page 3

Leckie & Leckie Monopoly

40 replies to this topic

#41 Discogirl17

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,034 posts

Posted 14 June 2005 - 07:09 PM

QUOTE(itsmereally @ Jun 13 2005, 11:47 PM)
open market = competitors (theoretically)

in england, you have the different exam boards doing different exams and its sometimes up to the school which exam they feel it is most appropriate for the pupil to sit. I've been told by many friends from down south that the exam boards are more "customer" based rather than "SQA" based. Meanin? well, the SQA dont give a tos* if there is a problem in the paper, they just change the re-published paper (usually for the "Past Papers" collection) and the rest is history, no one says a word.. unlike the exam boards down in england where they usually end up sending apologie letters to all schools that sat their exams and keeping the school posted on what is being done to sort the problem.

P.s: one of our maths teachers resigned cos he spoke out against the SQA on a national news paper. (this is what happend after and why he resigned) He felt the SQA were too "agressive" and "harsh" when they started to monitor him at all times every year and kept hounding on him to see him make an error so that they could critisize him.

View Post

The good thing about the SQA as opposed to the English system is that the exams are of the same standard so one school doesnt get an easier exam than another. Not that I'm defending them. They should send out apologies and stuff but you are right they dont really care that much, most businesses dont, thats what they are a business, we are effectively their staff rather than customers, they can treat us rubbish and we can't do anything about it. Their customers are leckie and leckie. Its really all about money.
P.S That attrocious he should have sued them, he'd have won. Well with good lawyers, I know a few of them. Its a human right to have free speech you know. That is truely terrible behaviour on the SQA's part.

QUOTE(dfx @ Jun 14 2005, 11:37 AM)
In other words... they're commercializing our education!?

View Post

Em....duh!
Sorry thats a yes.

P.S I dont hate the SQA before they start hounding me, in fact, they are a (trying to avoid word "good" because of kind conotations)... they have a commendable business instinct. I'll leave it at that.
Half ideas,half quality, half a million pound law suit!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users