What do you think you will get in the final exam?

27 replies to this topic

Poll: What do you think you will get in the final exam? (33 member(s) have cast votes)

What do you think you will get in the final exam?

1. A (7 votes [21.21%])

Percentage of vote: 21.21%

2. B (9 votes [27.27%])

Percentage of vote: 27.27%

3. C (13 votes [39.39%])

Percentage of vote: 39.39%

4. D (1 votes [3.03%])

Percentage of vote: 3.03%

5. Fail (3 votes [9.09%])

Percentage of vote: 9.09%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 falkirk_fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 February 2005 - 10:33 PM

I got 58% in my prelim after completly failing english last year which is quite a relief for me biggrin.gif But I actually passed my prelim last year but i only scrapped a pass 52% I think. My close reading skills are good i got 35/50 but its my essay skills which let me down I got 11 and 12 in my essays and this worries me!! I wish i could write slightly better essays and i may actually get a B!

#22 Discogirl17

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,034 posts

Posted 24 February 2005 - 04:43 PM

58% in the final exam may get you a B and 60% almost definately will
Keep studying and good luck
Half ideas,half quality, half a million pound law suit!

#23 lyn.sedgie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 March 2005 - 08:11 PM

I[FONT=Arial] normally get A's for close readings, I'm really strong at them. As for the essays, if I'm honest I didn't prepare or perform as well as I could've but none the less I reckon I'll still get an A or B

#24 gary

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 07 March 2005 - 09:02 PM

English is really difficult I got a D for the prelim hoping to get that upto a C.

#25 Paul!"$%^&*1122

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts
  • Interests:Anything goes really

Posted 08 March 2005 - 08:30 AM

i now hate english. Our prelim was murder this year cos the SQA were in and gave all the teachers a talk as their marking is toooooo leanent so they were extra harsh this year - i was livid. Any way i got 57% so a C but i want a B for the final. My close redaing was 27/30 and my essays 30/50
[color=Fur coat n nae "knickers"!!!!!!![/color]

#26 AmAnDa

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts
  • Interests:Gymnastics, watching TV, listening to music, shopping

Posted 01 May 2005 - 01:47 PM

QUOTE(xpurple_starsx @ Nov 30 2004, 05:55 PM)
I did Higher English last year and found it really hard (especially the essays) so I got a C in the prelim but managed an A in the final exam. Just keep working and don't give up. English is a really hard subject to predict.

View Post

I kno this is an old topic but OMG!!! ohmy.gif

user posted image
(`'.(`'. .').')
x..*...x....Amanda loves Craig....x...*..x
(.'(.' `'.)`'.)

#27 Punkie

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
  • Interests:Music, psychology, hugs... Guitars... stuff... :)

Posted 03 May 2005 - 06:08 PM

Ok, I voted fail, simply because it's a week and a half to the exam... and I'm not feeling any more confident than I did before my prelim and I got 32/100 for my prelim, and so quite obviously completely failed...

#28 Paul

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,621 posts
  • Interests:was at Glasgow Uni Studying Maths, Physics and Geography for a year but got bored of it and decided to go to Strathclyde and do Maths with Teaching, currently enjoying my summer holidays before starting 2nd year in september!<br /><br />grades achieved at school were:<br /><br />SG Maths - 1<br />SG Physics - 1<br />SG Graphics - 1<br />SG Admin - 1<br />SG German - 2<br />SG Geography - 2<br />SG English - 2<br />SG Art - 2<br />H Maths - B<br />H Physics - B<br />H English - B<br />H Art - A<br />H Accounts - A<br />H Admin - A<br />AH Maths - A<br />AH Art - C<br /><br />Music...wot would I do without it!? Kaiser Chiefs, Killers, Razorlight, Franz Ferdinand, Editors, Arctic Monkeys, Maximo Park, Hard-Fi, Greenday, Stereophonics, Oasis, Kasabian, Raconteurs, Dirty Pretty Things, Libertines... I could go on all day!<br /><br />Moderator for HSN so don't hesitate to get in touch!

Posted 03 May 2005 - 11:50 PM

let me tell you - with an attitude like that, you deserve to fail.

going into an exam telling yourself "ach, theres no point in me being here, am gonna fail anyway..." is not the way to do it. If you feel like that, do summin bout it. Study til you content. Your gona do your best anyway. U will fail if this childish attitude is continued.

Sorry for being so brutal, but mayb now you will change ur way of thinkin!

PASSpassPASSpassPASSpassPASSpassPASSpass

keep sayin it, make it happen!

GOOD LUCK!
Rockness 2008!
T in the Park 2008!
YAS!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users