Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Your Status - HSN forum

Your Status

33 replies to this topic

#1 Holmes

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts
  • Interests:StirlingSwim

Posted 29 November 2004 - 04:42 PM

Now that we're nearing the end of this term at school, well not quite, 2- 3 weeks left in reality, I just thought id see how everyone else is getting along with the course. Ive got my unit 2 NAB on the 8th of December so just over a week or so for me. Not encountered anything too taxing in unit 2 but just an awful lot of little things to learn and remember.

#2 Shaun

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 29 November 2004 - 05:21 PM

WHAT? Unit 2?! We've just done our Unit 1 assessment not too long ago, and we're still on Implicit Differentiation on Unit 2?!

#3 $impl_ih

Top of the Class

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 29 November 2004 - 05:52 PM

Yeh same here, im on Outcome 2 of Unit 2 doing the integration stuff.

cool.gif
`..`._. $ m p l y _ h `..`._.

user posted image

#4 Dave

Ruler (but not owner) of hsn

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,252 posts
  • Interests:programming, exercising, brass band, using this board

Posted 29 November 2004 - 09:30 PM

im on the seperating variables bit in integration on unit 2 which is like half way through the unit is it not

If i am not here i am somewhere else

#5 Holmes

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 29 November 2004 - 10:13 PM

Ive been told we've done all the necessary work for the NAB so we're just gonna get it done and out of the way. Aside from the content of the NAB theres a few other things we need to do.

#6 Discogirl17

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,034 posts

Posted 29 November 2004 - 10:32 PM

Yep we have been told we're not getting ours til after Christmas so that we can sit our Extended Test the same week. We're nearlly finished Unit 2 as well.
Half ideas,half quality, half a million pound law suit!

#7 Scott

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts
  • Interests:Music, guitar, computing, football(I'm a Killie fan), hanging out with my friends, drinking, girls, playing pool, reading and watching TV and DVDs.<br /><br />I'm currently at Edinburgh University in my 2nd year of Computer Science.

Posted 03 December 2004 - 06:57 PM

The weird thing is that I'm coping with the NAB's and Practice Unit Tests, but I'm struggling with a few aspects of the course. I'm going to need to put in quite a bit of work in scholar to pass my prelim in January. I suffer from a lack of confidence in Maths so I need to get some past papers and really start putting more work in.

#8 Justboy

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 541 posts
  • Interests:Anime, gaming, dvds, computers.

Posted 09 December 2004 - 04:03 PM

Well, I don't think we were spending long on it, but today we were doing the bacteria and half life type questions, after doing integration in unit 2, although it's still integration.

#9 Dave

• Moderators
  • 4,252 posts

Posted 09 December 2004 - 05:35 PM

our prelim is 3 weeks after christmas this year which is a lot earlier than normal so the class is being pushed hard so that the teacher doesn't have to spend the whole holiday making up a new prelim

CHEEK mad.gif this means i have to study over the hols and teach myself 4 hours of AH maths because i will be missing all the last week for christmas visits to primary schools doing concerts and stuff

#10 Holmes

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 09 December 2004 - 09:00 PM

QUOTE(Dave @ Dec 9 2004, 06:35 PM)
our prelim is 3 weeks after christmas this year which is a lot earlier than normal so the class is being pushed hard so that the teacher doesn't have to spend the whole holiday making up a new prelim

CHEEK mad.gif  this means i have to study over the hols and teach myself 4 hours of AH maths because i will  be missing all the last week for christmas visits to primary schools doing concerts and stuff

View Post

Unlucky mate blink.gif

We've still not get a firm date for our prelim, interestingly tho our teacher was musing over our prelim the other day. We have been warned however that we may end up with work set for holidays. Theres no way ill manage it since im off on holiday. Apart from that fact, January is extremely busy for me. 2 National Opens, and the 1 other weekend of the month is our teams competition which i have to help at ph34r.gif

#11 Discogirl17

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,034 posts

Posted 09 December 2004 - 09:01 PM

We've fallen behind. We aren't doing unit 2 NAB until after Christmas holidays and then doing only a bit of Unit 3 literally in the couple of weeks before the prelim.
Half ideas,half quality, half a million pound law suit!

#12 Justboy

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 09 December 2004 - 10:39 PM

I'm pretty sure my prelims start 3 weeks after x-mas holidays as well Dave, heh.

#13 Dave

• Moderators
  • 4,252 posts

Posted 09 December 2004 - 10:41 PM

aye well life is one big test really aint it

#14 sparky

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,323 posts

Posted 10 December 2004 - 06:51 PM

Our NAB is at the end of January. We started proofs today, so all we have left to do is Integration 2. Don't reckon we'll have much unit 3 done by the prelim. But we get another "full" prelim before the exam I think :S so it's awrite!

We are getting revision sheets out etc when we go back. Our teacher's made up sheets suggesting what questions from Scholar we do I think! smile.gif enjoyable ... or not!
Mark

#15 Justboy

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 10 December 2004 - 11:36 PM

Actually, it's quite strange but I do enjoy advanced higher maths!

#16 Scott

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts
  • Interests:Music, guitar, computing, football(I'm a Killie fan), hanging out with my friends, drinking, girls, playing pool, reading and watching TV and DVDs.<br /><br />I'm currently at Edinburgh University in my 2nd year of Computer Science.

Posted 11 December 2004 - 01:26 PM

QUOTE(Justboy @ Dec 10 2004, 11:36 PM)
Actually, it's quite strange but I do enjoy advanced higher maths!

View Post

Yeah it's really weird! It makes it easier to study as well!

#17 Steve

Top of the Class

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 435 posts

Posted 11 December 2004 - 01:28 PM

I enjoyed it too, I think it was partly because I had a really good teacher - she didn't make it seem like work.

I actually enjoyed doing the exam! (Total weirdo, I know)
HSN contribute: Help the site grow!

Looking for a Maths tutor in West Lothian? Just PM me!

#18 sparky

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,323 posts

Posted 11 December 2004 - 02:59 PM

Lol. I am really enjoying AH Maths too. The teachers I get are very good and there is a good atmosphere in the class! smile.gif

Still not sure about this proofs topic though - looks to be the most boring topic yet ... even although all we've done is copied down an example! tongue.gif
Mark

#19 Dave

• Moderators
  • 4,252 posts

Posted 11 December 2004 - 04:34 PM

yeah the class atmosphere in AH classes and esp maths is quite informal and everyone has a bit of a joke and stuff

Except physics where we are nearly swinging from the lights at times

#20 Justboy

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 11 December 2004 - 09:39 PM

Wow, i'm glad I'm not alone. I agree with the points of cool teachers and a more informal attitude in the class. However, most other people in my class still don't enjoy it,lol.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users