Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Corrections to HSN24400 - HSN forum

Corrections to HSN24400

5 replies to this topic

#1 AndyW

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 29 April 2004 - 09:06 PM

On pages 2 and 3, there is an 'angle' symbol in place where there should be, I assume, an R for 'real number'. I can see three instances, beginning at the end of example a) where is says: domain x [subset symbol] [angle symbol], x [not equal] 0.

Also, on page 4, on the last line of example 2, the value in the square root should be x cubed, not x squared.

#2 Allan

Top of the Class

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 02 May 2004 - 11:29 AM

I see the R sign where you said theres a degree sign, but maybe they've fixed it since then...

And that other one looks like a slip up

#3 George

Child Prodigy

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

Posted 02 May 2004 - 12:07 PM

Yep, the differentiation one has been added to the list tongue.gif

Not sure about the problem with symbols. Ally has been saying in another thread that a pi symbol isn't appearing, so it might be related. Please make sure you've got the latest version of the pdf and let me know if the problem is still there.

#4 AndyW

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 02 May 2004 - 01:46 PM

By 'angle' symbol, I don't mean degrees, it's something else.

I'm using Mac OS X - I'll check it in Windows and see how it appears there.

Andy

#5 AndyW

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 02 May 2004 - 01:58 PM

I've just checked and it's fine on screen on both Windows and OS X - the problem only appears when the document is printed (under OS X, not tried printing under Windows yet). So I guess there's nothing wrong the PDF.

#6 Ally

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,912 posts
  • Interests:Just finished 1st year at uni studying medicine.

Posted 02 May 2004 - 07:15 PM

QUOTE (George @ May 2 2004, 12:07 PM)
Ally has been saying in another thread that a pi symbol isn't appearing, so it might be related.

Yeah it seems that the old version of Adobe did not include the 'pi' symbol, but I managed to download the new version and it appears there. biggrin.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users