Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
What do u actually need 2 kno?! - HSN forum

What do u actually need 2 kno?!

11 replies to this topic

#1 AmAnDa

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts
  • Interests:Gymnastics, watching TV, listening to music, shopping

Posted 22 November 2004 - 08:28 PM

My Admin Teacher doesn't explain properly what we actually need to know for the written paper?!

I know what is expected on the computer as thats what we always do, but what do we actually need to know for the written paper?!

Any info will help

Thanx smile.gif

user posted image
(`'.(`'. .').')
x..*...x....Amanda loves Craig....x...*..x
(.'(.' `'.)`'.)

#2 lorna_04

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 22 November 2004 - 09:03 PM

Basically to make it easier for yourself in the exam you need to learn all the theory from the outcome books you'r teacher should be giving you.
It seems alot but most of its starightforward and shouldnt take long to learn.
Thats what i done last year and i got an A so goodluck!!

#3 AmAnDa

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts
  • Interests:Gymnastics, watching TV, listening to music, shopping

Posted 22 November 2004 - 10:22 PM

Yeah she does give us them! There so borin tho eh?!

Thanx 4 ur help anyway!

smile.gif

user posted image
(`'.(`'. .').')
x..*...x....Amanda loves Craig....x...*..x
(.'(.' `'.)`'.)

#4 Icemaiden

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts
  • Interests:Mwahahahaha!Attempting to dominate the world.

Posted 23 November 2004 - 11:01 PM

We have two massive folders...full of really looooooong notes.ZZZZZZZZ.

Decided I'm going to write out the summaries..

Huggles

Ice Maiden
http://icemaiden04.deviantart.com

I'm a nutter in need of a new home (any offers?!? :P)

Cornish Pasty Pixie

"Its a new dawn,its a new day,its a new life for me....and i'm feeling good" -->Muse,Feeling good

#5 lorna_04

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 25 November 2004 - 09:26 AM

QUOTE(AmAnDa @ Nov 22 2004, 10:22 PM)
Yeah she does give us them! There so borin tho eh?!

Thanx 4 ur help anyway!

smile.gif

View Post

Try highlighting headings and sub-headings. Thast way it'll make your books nice and colourful to look at and will split sections up for you!

#6 strosek911

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 25 November 2004 - 10:34 PM

remember not everything in the notes is going to come up in the exam. just focus on the main points.

i got an A last year and for my notes i just simplified everything to bulleted notes on cards.

#7 strosek911

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 25 November 2004 - 10:36 PM

try the past paper questions, i dont know if they are available in shops but our teacher had booklets made up.

it's usually the same stuff that comes up each year so just focus on these topics

#8 Icemaiden

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 26 November 2004 - 05:27 PM

No there is no past paper booklets in the shops....Leckie and Leckie don't print 'em.....GRRRRRR.

Huggles

Ice Maiden

Cornish Pasty Pixie

"Its a new dawn,its a new day,its a new life for me....and i'm feeling good" -->Muse,Feeling good

#9 lorna_04

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 28 November 2004 - 07:51 PM

QUOTE(strosek911 @ Nov 25 2004, 10:34 PM)
remember not everything in the notes is going to come up in the exam. just focus on the main points.

View Post

Obviously not everythin in the notes is not going to come up in the exams but u dont know what is and isnt.

#10 Dave

Ruler (but not owner) of hsn

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,252 posts
  • Interests:programming, exercising, brass band, using this board

Posted 28 November 2004 - 10:28 PM

just focusing on main points is good for passing but thats about it because its the little obsure things in a course that come into exam paper to seperate the men from the boys if you will so certainly the main points take priority but you must leave time to study the little extras for those big grades

If i am not here i am somewhere else

#11 Icemaiden

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 24 January 2005 - 08:30 PM

Hmmm just an idea....methinks I'm going to sort me notes out into a booklet type thing.... big folders are too much hassle to cart back and 4ward esp on a thurs.Yes that is a good idea....then i'm going to highlight them and *perhaps* do some notes from them.Ok that post was a ramble but someone on this topic gave me an idea.

Summaries are just about done and so i'm really panicking about the prelim.

Huggles

Ice Maiden

Cornish Pasty Pixie

#12 xkarenx

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 07:09 PM

I know how you feel. To me learning all the theory is very boring too! You could spend some free peroids or time at home a few days looking over each outcome. If you start soon then by the time the final exams arrive in four months from now you should be familiar with a lot of it. It's easier said than done though eh?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users