Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Advanced Higher German - HSN forum

Advanced Higher German

48 replies to this topic

#1 Rubberducky

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 22 November 2004 - 04:15 PM

hey i am doin advanced higher german this year. Im finding it pretty good at the mo, but my teacher has been off for 2 weeks - well this is her third week off. I only see her for 3 periods a week anyway!

if you are doin it, what stage are you at?

anyone?? lol!

Gill x
user posted image

#2 Wheelybin

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 22 November 2004 - 09:27 PM

Hey Gillian. I'm sort of doing it. 'Tis a bit triky to explain, but the course work is generally okay for me...

How you finding it on the whole?

Who is the 'She' in the nursery rhyme, "She'll be coming round the mountain when she comes"?

#3 Dave

Ruler (but not owner) of hsn

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,252 posts
  • Interests:programming, exercising, brass band, using this board

Posted 22 November 2004 - 09:39 PM

i thought you quit

If i am not here i am somewhere else

#4 Wheelybin

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 23 November 2004 - 10:52 AM

well u see i still follow the course at my classes on monday evenings... but i'm not doing the exam

Who is the 'She' in the nursery rhyme, "She'll be coming round the mountain when she comes"?

#5 Rubberducky

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 23 November 2004 - 07:51 PM

lol ure not doin the exam? well im findin it not too bad but i wish my teach would hurry up n come back! wot novel are you doin? dont know anywhere where i could find notes on Das Brot der Fruhen Jahre by Heinrich Boll ??
thats def the worst part.

Gill x
user posted image

#6 Dave

• Moderators
  • 4,252 posts

Posted 23 November 2004 - 07:53 PM

aye he's not doing the exam because they aren't covering the whole course its just to keep his german up before university but still working to an advanced higher standard

#7 Rubberducky

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 23 November 2004 - 07:57 PM

ok.. but its not a strict course that you have to stick to, not like maths where there are the units to be followed.
user posted image

#8 Dave

• Moderators
  • 4,252 posts

Posted 23 November 2004 - 08:02 PM

language isn't my subject i am just telling you what he told me today as for finding notes i could ask him for you tomorrow assuming he doesn't appear on here later

#9 Rubberducky

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 23 November 2004 - 08:07 PM

yeh thanks. if he isnt doin the exam he probably wont be doin a novel or anythin.
user posted image

#10 Wheelybin

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 24 November 2004 - 11:34 AM

Wow I really love being talked about on here! It's great!

Umm well we aren't covering a book no, but we are watching a film. Like you said there aren't strict guidelines as to what has to be studied (you are allowed some leeway as to that part) so I'm going to be watching Shrek 2 in German. Got the DVD; Ironic that 'Shrek' is a german word...

Anyway, I haven't heard of the book you're doing but there should be some information on it quite a few websites. Unlike AH English there are no 'set' books/films to study to 'tis a bit harder to find information and notes about it. I'll have a word with my teacher and do a bit of research for you.

As David said, I am covering the course. I'm not sitting the exam because I would need more than the time I have to study at the moment... 2 AH's and 2 H is enough for me this year anyway... Get back to me...

Adam

#11 Rubberducky

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 24 November 2004 - 01:47 PM

aww wow im doing 2AH and 2H also this year.. im doin AH germna n chemistry n H admin n business management. freaky if we are doin exactly the same eh?

Thanks for that, it would be a great help.
God shrek 2 eh? but you will easily be able to watch it in english as well. I have the video for my book but its in german sadly - and its black and white with no subtitles!

are you using a text book? I am usin Schauplatz n its pretty good. Ive just finished the topic on the environment - which was thrilling really!

anyway thanks very much

Gill x
user posted image

#12 Wheelybin

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 24 November 2004 - 07:44 PM

Hey again... well unfortunately I'm studying AH French/English and H Maths/Modern Studies... I'm more of a social subjects orientated person, but I took Business Management last year and got a B... woohoo!

Came back form Germany a couple of weeks ago from a week long work experience excursion in a German Company. Berner. I was amazing! Very scary and of course very hard but I can definately say my German has improved with it!

We have set material to study. We're not using a text book, but there has been something said about the introduction of one. Possibly yours... We've covered Media and parts of the Environments. Now we're onto Germans and Germany! WAYHEY... I don't mean to sound so sarcastic... just wish there could be something interesting to study like German Xmas's. Loved living there when I was younger and going to at the markets. Was in Marburg on exchange last december and it so kalt. Ich habe mein Schotten-rock auch geträgt, und so waren mein Beine ganz kalt!

Veilleicht soll ich ins Deutsch schreiben weil mein freund, der Dave heißt, dieser Brief nicht verstehen kann. Ach so, in deiner Meinung, was denkst du über die deutsch Leute? Hast du viele Brief-freunde? Ich, nicht viel, aber ich spreche mit deutschländern auf die Computer weil ich habe viele freunde die ich im Ausland getroffen habe!

Also, Schreib bald... in English oder Deutsch...

Tschüß - Adam

#13 Rubberducky

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 24 November 2004 - 08:50 PM

aww right, i did maths last year along with english chemistry german and physics. Last year was so stressful and i thot that this year would be a little lighter - but its not! I got AAABB in my highers last year, wot bout u?
I really wish my teach would hurry up n come back cos i dont wanna move on without her tellin me to do so!
The media was an ok topic, u agree? My reading nab was on media, well the theater. U done any nabs? or are you not gonna?

Gill x
user posted image

#14 Wheelybin

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 24 November 2004 - 11:26 PM

We'll do little tests - I gues su could call them NABS, but they don't count for anything...

Got AABCC in my Highers... average...

#15 Rubberducky

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 02 December 2004 - 06:41 PM

hey just to let you know, my teacher is back but today she told me that she has lost the tape which all of my listening exercises are on - which is just great! ]

Gill x
user posted image

#16 Wheelybin

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 06 December 2004 - 08:11 PM

Glad your teacher is back. Maybe now you can get on a bit faster with your work. How you doing just now? and btw, have you got anything on that book you are studying?

#17 Rubberducky

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 06 December 2004 - 08:30 PM

yeh its goin ok, this week i am doin an exam essay on cars! lol! no i havent found anythin yet..

how u gettin on?

Gill x
user posted image

#18 Wheelybin

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 06 December 2004 - 09:42 PM

Fine, we're back to woman and men in society... Yuss... 'Tis a shame you can't sound very sarcastic on a forum....

#19 Rubberducky

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 22 May 2005 - 07:02 PM

Hey does anyone have any of the answers to any recent AH german past papers? I have the papers just not the answers - neither does my teacher! anyone help me out?
user posted image

#20 defineyourself

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 August 2005 - 08:13 PM

nope sorry!

<?php readfile("http://www.sloganizer.net/en/outbound.php?slogan=cannabis"); ?>

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users