Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
TA - HSN forum

TA

12 replies to this topic

#1 Paul!"$%^&*1122

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts
  • Interests:Anything goes really

Posted 11 November 2004 - 08:45 PM

My textual analysis exam is this wednesady and i feel i am definetely goin 2 fail. I willf feel so embarrassed if i fail as i doubt any1 else will in my class. How do i prevent myself from failing? i really need help
also, what happens if i fail both attempts wioth the TA
[color=Fur coat n nae "knickers"!!!!!!![/color]

#2 sparky

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,323 posts

Posted 11 November 2004 - 09:53 PM

Once they have given you all the resits possible and you've failed then you can't sit the final exam in that year, and I would imagine you would drop down a level.
Mark

#3 Paul!"$%^&*1122

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 11 November 2004 - 10:01 PM

QUOTE(sparky @ Nov 11 2004, 09:53 PM)
Once they have given you all the resits possible and you've failed then you can't sit the final exam in that year, and I would imagine you would drop down a level.

View Post

could someone help me her with this question
Time, delicate vandal,
has sprayed each text

would you say that the 1st line is an example of personification as it ids bring time to life by claiming it vadals the graves. or mabye not?

#4 Ally

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,912 posts
  • Interests:Just finished 1st year at uni studying medicine.

Posted 11 November 2004 - 10:28 PM

This website has some stuff on Textual Anaylsis on it:

http://www.hawick.scotborders.sch.uk/depar...20Behaviour.htm.

For everyone doing Higher English, bookmark that site as it is a really good resource!

#5 gary

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 12 November 2004 - 05:14 PM

I got 18/30 for my textual analysis and I was really happy with that as the previous poems we looked at I had no clue how to answer the questions.

Thank God it is not in the final exam.

#6 Discogirl17

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,034 posts

Posted 13 November 2004 - 08:34 PM

QUOTE(Paul!"£$%^&*11 @ Nov 11 2004, 10:01 PM)
QUOTE(sparky @ Nov 11 2004, 09:53 PM)

View Post

could someone help me her with this question
Time, delicate vandal,
has sprayed each text

would you say that the 1st line is an example of personification as it ids bring time to life by claiming it vadals the graves. or mabye not?

View Post

I would say this:

This is an example of the personification of time, whilst time itself is unable to be a vandal it is being compared with this undesirable figure. Through this use of personification it is suggested that time, as well as being a healer, can harm, things can become damaged and tattered over time without any need for a human to do this. (or something like that- obviously making it specific to the content of the passage- ie mention the bit about the graves)

(tip- for the TA elaborating and explaining is good if u have time)
I passed my TA by only one mark, and I'm the mod for this!
I wouldn't be too worried as I was in the top class and it wasnt just one person who failed and they were allowed two more resit( 3 sittings in all)- however they only needed the 2. My boyfriend was in the lowest class and most of them passed 1st time but still some failed- but they all passed after 2nd sitting.
From what I can see you can do it as you the personification thing and that was hard!
You'll do fine

Half ideas,half quality, half a million pound law suit!

#7 Paul!"$%^&*1122

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 17 November 2004 - 06:05 PM

well i sat my TA exam 2day and now not pretty confident. After lots were talkin bout oxymoron and personiafication and i cannot remember if i wrote tht - probs not. Aw well at least i get one more try.

I will post here wen i find ot my harrowing aand horrific result.

#8 Discogirl17

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,034 posts

Posted 17 November 2004 - 07:22 PM

Dont worry, from what I gather it was a drama that was the text and it was one of the hardest TAs ever! I'm sure u've done ok
Half ideas,half quality, half a million pound law suit!

#9 Paul!"$%^&*1122

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 17 November 2004 - 08:25 PM

Well the rest of the yr seem 2 have sat "Any way" but we dun my parents by Bill Blake,

#10 Paul!"$%^&*1122

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 30 November 2004 - 04:49 PM

QUOTE(Paul!"£$%^&*11 @ Nov 17 2004, 08:25 PM)
Well the rest of the yr seem 2 have sat "Any way" but we dun my parents by Bill Blake,

View Post

I passed woohooo! im ova da moon

#11 Icemaiden

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts
  • Interests:Mwahahahaha!Attempting to dominate the world.

Posted 30 November 2004 - 06:57 PM

*claps* yey congrats!

Huggles

Ice Maiden
http://icemaiden04.deviantart.com

I'm a nutter in need of a new home (any offers?!? :P)

Cornish Pasty Pixie

"Its a new dawn,its a new day,its a new life for me....and i'm feeling good" -->Muse,Feeling good

#12 krazykooki

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 14 December 2004 - 11:22 PM

Last week I sat my TA NAB and did My Parents as well but I failed it
I didn't even get half of it when my teacher was explaining it she was pointing things out and i had no idea where she was getting it from
Oh well
congrats on passin biggrin.gif

#13 Icemaiden

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts
  • Interests:Mwahahahaha!Attempting to dominate the world.

Posted 16 December 2004 - 04:22 PM

Arg....i failed my TA....don't know what my mark was (I wasn't in english today,i was down singing christmas songs and dancing in the hall after assembly....the funness).I got told by a trustworthy person tho.I don't particurlary want to tell me mum tho.... unsure.gif .I don't think it will matter too much...I passed all the NABs last year,but then again last year we did it with a LOT more practice.

Huggles

Ice Maiden
http://icemaiden04.deviantart.com

I'm a nutter in need of a new home (any offers?!? :P)

Cornish Pasty Pixie

"Its a new dawn,its a new day,its a new life for me....and i'm feeling good" -->Muse,Feeling good

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users