Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
The Final Exam - HSN forum

The Final Exam

11 replies to this topic

#1 sparky

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,323 posts

Posted 10 January 2004 - 09:00 PM

Just wondered how hard people would say the final exam is?
I haven't seen a recent paper, besides the specimen question paper. Is there a lot of basic questions or is it all problem type orientated?

Mark :blink:
Mark

#2 Steve

Top of the Class

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 435 posts

Posted 11 January 2004 - 08:40 PM

It's a mixture really, there are some questions which just say something like "Differentiate this function..." and there are others which are practical problems.

I would recommend getting a past paper book.
HSN contribute: Help the site grow!

Looking for a Maths tutor in West Lothian? Just PM me!

#3 $impl_ih

Top of the Class

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 02 February 2004 - 06:38 PM

I bought this years past papers, and had a look at the 2003 paper, and it looks pretty hard. i havnt had time 2 it, but ill give it a wee try when am not busy..
:D
`..`._. $ m p l y _ h `..`._.

user posted image

#4 sparky

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,323 posts

Posted 24 March 2004 - 09:10 PM

I actually tried this paper before my prelim, and certainly what I could do from it, seemed awrite. I need to start doing a few examples again though, I've went a bit rusty after my prelim. Have any of you finished the course yet? We aim to finish it by next week, we are on the last outcome The Wave Function.

Mark
Mark

#5 $impl_ih

Top of the Class

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 24 March 2004 - 09:18 PM

Yep ive finished the course, just did my unit 3 NAB today, and from now on we are gonna do past papers.
`..`._. $ m p l y _ h `..`._.

user posted image

#6 Discogirl17

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,034 posts

Posted 17 April 2004 - 12:47 PM

You lot all finished your course really early. We dont finish it til the end of next week.
Half ideas,half quality, half a million pound law suit!

#7 Ally

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 2,912 posts
  • Interests:Just finished 1st year at uni studying medicine.

Posted 18 April 2004 - 12:17 AM

You know how the exam is out of 130 marks this year.

Well, does that mean we get extra time; or are they just going to give us the same amount of time and thus make it harder for us?

Ally

#8 Allan

Top of the Class

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 18 April 2004 - 11:14 AM

We're getting the same amount of time...

Our prelim was out of 130, didn't seem like I was running out of time really

What we got told, was that they've added more marks to allow more marks for your steps of working, where previously you may have got one for putting in the numbers of bounds into an integration question to get the answer, you might now get a mark for working, and a mark for your final answer

#9 Steve

Top of the Class

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 435 posts

Posted 18 April 2004 - 11:22 AM

Yeah, the paper isn't going to be any longer (or harder), they're just giving marks for steps that wouldn't have got marks before biggrin.gif.
HSN contribute: Help the site grow!

Looking for a Maths tutor in West Lothian? Just PM me!

#10 Ally

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 2,912 posts
  • Interests:Just finished 1st year at uni studying medicine.

Posted 18 April 2004 - 08:02 PM

OK. Thanks for that.

Will it actually make any difference?

#11 sparky

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,323 posts

Posted 18 April 2004 - 08:31 PM

Probably not unless you are the kind of person who likes to miss out working, and not answer the question, ie write a statement saying why the line is a tangent (equal roots) etc etc.

Really all it is as Steve says is adding in more marks for basically the same length/difficulty of paper.

Mark
Mark

#12 Discogirl17

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,034 posts

Posted 20 April 2004 - 06:15 PM

Yeh we were told that also. Always be on the safe side. Write a statement as sparky said before and make sure you answer the question stated. You might have the right answer in the wrong form- just check.
Half ideas,half quality, half a million pound law suit!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users