Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Reading - HSN forum

Reading

13 replies to this topic

#1 Paul!"$%^&*1122

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts
  • Interests:Anything goes really

Posted 09 November 2004 - 09:15 PM

Hi i really really enjoy spnaish hwever my reading seems to be causinfg me problems. Im not doin really bad but i cannot seemm to get full marks 4 any questions. Does any 1 have tips from how to successfully translate this .
[color=Fur coat n nae "knickers"!!!!!!![/color]

#2 Discogirl17

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,034 posts

Posted 10 November 2004 - 09:36 PM

Well Paul we are all having that problem (I'm in ur spanish class by the way- always sit next to the blonde guy and in info), so annoyed that when Fernandez was mentioning couple she didnt notice that me and Scott are together. Anyway... yeh I can help u. The important thing is to pick out key words and translate them first then sentence surrounding them.If when u r translating you get a strangely expressed saying try substituting words with similar words/ swapping order of words until you have a sentence which sounds right in english. Guess if u dont know( they cant take marks off u). Practically translate the whole paragraph and make this the bullet points for the answer to the question. That seems to work for me!
Half ideas,half quality, half a million pound law suit!

#3 Paul!"$%^&*1122

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 10 November 2004 - 09:55 PM

QUOTE(LouiseMurphy @ Nov 10 2004, 09:36 PM)
Well Paul we are all having that problem (I'm in ur spanish class by the way- always sit next to the blonde guy and in info), so annoyed that when Fernandez was mentioning couple she didnt notice that me and Scott are together. Anyway... yeh I can help u. The important thing is to pick out key words and translate them first then sentence surrounding them.If when u r translating you get a strangely expressed saying try substituting words with similar words/ swapping order of words until you have a sentence which sounds right in english. Guess if u dont know( they cant take marks off u). Practically translate the whole paragraph and make this the bullet points for the answer to the question. That seems to work for me!

View Post

Young luv but use 2 dont make it as obvious as M & C (dont want 2 mention names) how u think ur talk was 2day if you dun one

#4 Discogirl17

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,034 posts

Posted 10 November 2004 - 10:02 PM

Yeh I did one, it went rubbish as I couldnt remember anything and always have long pauses, she actually stopped me in the middle of it and said its taking too long! You mean M McGuire( I know his big sis and little sis!) and Christina. Howd ur talk go?

#5 Paul!"$%^&*1122

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 10 November 2004 - 10:10 PM

QUOTE(LouiseMurphy @ Nov 10 2004, 10:02 PM)
Yeh I did one, it went rubbish as I couldnt remember anything and always have long pauses, she actually stopped me in the middle of it and said its taking too long! You mean M McGuire( I know his big sis and little sis!) and Christina. Howd ur talk go?

View Post

u mentioned name For god sake. mine went ok they are improving she sed my vocab and phrases are good. We shud see in my essay btw at the bottom of my essay i put es evidente que mi professora favorita es fernandex porque es muy interesant y comprensiva. Estoy un chico simpatico. lol

#6 Discogirl17

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,034 posts

Posted 10 November 2004 - 10:20 PM

lol
I mentioned his name. No one knows who he is or where he lives so it dont matter(unless he comes on here). For my asignatura essay I'm gonna write "la asignatura que creo que es lo peor es el espanol porque es muy aburrido. Las profesoras son muy malas tambien"
Ok the first sentence maybe but probably not the 2nd!

#7 Paul!"$%^&*1122

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 10 November 2004 - 10:37 PM

QUOTE(LouiseMurphy @ Nov 10 2004, 10:20 PM)
lol
I mentioned his name. No one whos who he is or where he lives so it dont matter(unless he comes on here). For my asignatura essay I'm gonna write "la asignatura que creo que es lo peor es el espanol porque es muy aburrido. Las profesoras son muy malas tambien"
Ok the first sentence maybe but probably not the 2nd!

View Post

im sure she will be really happy
cud you do me a favour i went out of class 2day to phone my gran and forgot to take a note of it so if u cud tel me it i wud be greatful.

#8 Discogirl17

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,034 posts

Posted 10 November 2004 - 11:07 PM

Monday- In-service
Tuesday- both vocab and grammar tests and write out some verb off that perterite tense sheet
Wednesday- Essay for all &Discussion for 2nd half of register( not presentation)(only on Q1-7 of qs sheet)(on las asignaturas)
The next wednesday after that-Essay for all & Discussion for first half of register) (again Qs1-7 only) but on different vocab (whatevea is given out on wednesday)

#9 superstar

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 671 posts

Posted 11 November 2004 - 05:12 PM

Hey i am doin Int 2 spanish! I am crashin it and have been doin it for 3 months! I have to wirte a talk on the cinema any1 any ideas wot i could write about??

I really need some help....ARGH!!!!!!

#10 Paul!"$%^&*1122

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 11 November 2004 - 05:37 PM

QUOTE(superstar @ Nov 11 2004, 05:12 PM)
Hey i am doin Int 2 spanish! I am crashin it and have been doin it for 3 months! I have to wirte a talk on the cinema any1 any ideas wot i could write about??

I really need some help....ARGH!!!!!!

View Post

hi weve alredy dun tht one do u want a rough outline of what topics to cover or the language?

#11 Paul!"$%^&*1122

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 11 November 2004 - 05:47 PM

here are sum pointers to cover.

how often do u go to cinema?
what type of films do u like?
do u have a favour actor / actress?
does your cinema have good selecction of films?
do u prefer tv or cinema?

if you need help with vocab thebn just ask!!!!

#12 Discogirl17

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,034 posts

Posted 11 November 2004 - 07:11 PM

Yeh that was the only talk I did well in with my " mis peliculas favoritas son peliculas tristes sobre disastres naturales como "The day after tomorrow"".

#13 superstar

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 671 posts

Posted 11 November 2004 - 08:42 PM

Thanx guys i will try to add some of tht in

#14 Discogirl17

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,034 posts

Posted 17 June 2005 - 11:40 PM

No probs I still love that day after 2moro thing she looked at me like I was some sort of genious for constructing that sentence, probably surprised that I'd improved so much from my normal abissmal speaking performance.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users