Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Higher Chem PPAs? - HSN forum

Higher Chem PPAs?

11 replies to this topic

#1 Icemaiden

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts
  • Interests:Mwahahahaha!Attempting to dominate the world.

Posted 08 November 2004 - 04:48 PM

Are unit one chem PPAS going to be available again?

Huggles

Ice Maiden
http://icemaiden04.deviantart.com

I'm a nutter in need of a new home (any offers?!? :P)

Cornish Pasty Pixie

"Its a new dawn,its a new day,its a new life for me....and i'm feeling good" -->Muse,Feeling good

#2 George

Child Prodigy

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

Posted 08 November 2004 - 05:47 PM

Unfortunately, I don't think they will be in the forseeable future.

I think it would be possible to produce a pared down version, with some general points about those types of experiments. If there's demand for this, let me know smile.gif

#3 Infinite_Dreams

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 09 November 2004 - 09:34 PM

Why can't you put them on the site?

#4 George

Child Prodigy

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

Posted 09 November 2004 - 09:46 PM

The PPAs for Unit 1 were taken down after we learned that the SQA were unhappy with them being on the site. Their reasoning is that they are technically assessment solutions.

#5 Ally

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,912 posts
  • Interests:Just finished 1st year at uni studying medicine.

Posted 10 November 2004 - 01:21 AM

Just noticed that 'Fast Reply' isn't on this forum aswell. tongue.gif

For the Unit 1 notes, would it be OK for them to be e-mailed or wouldn't that be allowed?

#6 sparky

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,323 posts

Posted 10 November 2004 - 06:52 PM

The PPAs for Unit 1 were taken down after we learned that the SQA were unhappy with them being on the site. Their reasoning is that they are technically assessment solutions.

I can see the SQAs point. Maybe if you did them in more of a note format (like the wee yellow chemcord book) then they would be fine. Rather than putting in the results of the experiment etc.
Mark

#7 George

Child Prodigy

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

Posted 10 November 2004 - 07:01 PM

QUOTE(sparky @ Nov 10 2004, 06:52 PM)
Maybe if you did them in more of a note format (like the wee yellow chemcord book) then they would be fine. Rather than putting in the results of the experiment etc.

View Post

Yes, I think that would be OK. I've not really got the time to do it just now though rolleyes.gif

#8 sparky

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,323 posts

Posted 10 November 2004 - 07:09 PM

I wasn't pressurising you btw! lol! Really many resources cover the PPAs so there shouldn't be that much worry for extra notes about them!
Mark

#9 Infinite_Dreams

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 10 November 2004 - 07:23 PM

The important parts aren't the results of the experiments anyway, and half the experiments have prerequisite knowledge - eg. you already know what an ester is and how it's made, it's just making one in the lab yourself. Also, numerical values aren't important, except for the Hess's Law one with the Sodium Hydroxide where you need to know the volume of water and why. The rest it's basically calculations and methods, and there's nothing wrong with telling you how to calculate stuff since you already know from coursework - you're just applying it to an experiment of your own. Also, it's not like you can look at these in the exam. It would just be nice for people to be able to get the main points of the experiment, since much of most of the courses blab on a lot with info you don't need to know.

#10 Ally

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 2,912 posts

Posted 10 January 2005 - 09:54 PM

Lol. The SQA fund other websites to provide help for the PPA's:

http://www.jelsim.org/pub/Scholar/ppa1/index.html rolleyes.gif

#11 Dave

Ruler (but not owner) of hsn

• Moderators
  • 4,252 posts
  • Interests:programming, exercising, brass band, using this board

Posted 10 January 2005 - 09:57 PM

that does seem a little strange to me but i suppose it all adds to the policy of computerising assessments

If i am not here i am somewhere else

#12 Ally

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 2,912 posts

Posted 30 January 2005 - 12:03 AM

Yeah it is pretty strange, especially when it's a unit 1 PPA.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users