Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
fREE PERIODS - HSN forum - Page 2

fREE PERIODS

37 replies to this topic

#21 Dave

Ruler (but not owner) of hsn

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,252 posts
  • Interests:programming, exercising, brass band, using this board

Posted 09 November 2004 - 09:34 PM

ahh the system is flawed from the top actually if you tell the SMT that we are doing nothing they will have a fit as for not getting checked on that is because as you know at the senior prefects meeting it was noted study periods were being used properly so the need to continually check was abandoned (this was not the case last year)

If i am not here i am somewhere else

#22 babsy87

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 November 2004 - 12:19 PM

hey,new here.

we get 30 periods a week at school, out of them i have 17 study periods!!!

its magic biggrin.gif

#23 Icemaiden

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts
  • Interests:Mwahahahaha!Attempting to dominate the world.

Posted 10 November 2004 - 04:20 PM

ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif 17 periods! ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif

Wow I'm soooooooooo jealous!

Huggles

Ice Maiden
http://icemaiden04.deviantart.com

I'm a nutter in need of a new home (any offers?!? :P)

Cornish Pasty Pixie

"Its a new dawn,its a new day,its a new life for me....and i'm feeling good" -->Muse,Feeling good

#24 Laura

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 10 November 2004 - 04:20 PM

We also have 30 periods a week and I get 17 free periods. Some of these are 'free' periods, some are 'community involvement' periods, and some are untaught advanced higher periods. I use 1 period a week for Peer Support with the first years and 2 periods a week helping out in a first year French class. I took advanced higher chemistry, biology and music this year, and i have 3 taught periods for both biology and chemistry, and 5 taught periods for music, I guess that's why I have so many frees! I mainly use them for homework, I hardly have any work to do at home anymore. It's great biggrin.gif

#25 AlexMcIver

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 13 November 2004 - 01:46 PM

I've got 40 periods per week total, 15 of them are free. It used to be 17 but I now spend 2 periods befriending a 2nd year computing class. Of course, we're meant to use 4 periods of study per AH or A-level, but they haven't been toooo hard so far, so I don't spend anything near that studying. Me a bad boy. I usually spend it either in the common room, go into town or go home, go to the cinema, go to friends houses and play computer games etc.

#26 Icemaiden

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts
  • Interests:Mwahahahaha!Attempting to dominate the world.

Posted 13 November 2004 - 04:52 PM

How many periods do u have in a day,AlexMcIver?

Huggles

Ice Maiden

http://icemaiden04.deviantart.com

I'm a nutter in need of a new home (any offers?!? :P)

Cornish Pasty Pixie

"Its a new dawn,its a new day,its a new life for me....and i'm feeling good" -->Muse,Feeling good

#27 linds

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 13 November 2004 - 05:49 PM

I get, ermmm... 17 free periods a week. But one of them is "PSE" sometimes, twice I'm in helping in a first year class, one is my Peer Support period once a month, one I'm in with the French Assistant doing speaking and I have to stay behind to do French one day a week because we only get 3 periods and on a Friday afternoon I do work experience. So I don't really have that many free periods.

#28 lorna_04

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 26 November 2004 - 08:04 PM

QUOTE(lorna_04 @ Nov 7 2004, 06:44 PM)
I've got 10 free periods; 3 of them are used for class support in business education, another couple are usually used up organising committee stuff, another couple for young enetrprise and the rest (which are well deserved i reckon) for sitting down the common room playing cards!!

View Post

Hehe. I've now got 15 free periods - Jst dropped Biology

#29 Justboy

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 541 posts
  • Interests:Anime, gaming, dvds, computers.

Posted 26 November 2004 - 09:31 PM

I'm forced to do 4 subjects in 6th year at my school. I have 6 free periods a week. Some of you guys have so many!

#30 Kim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 December 2004 - 01:30 AM

heh...seems like playing cards is quite popular! I thought it was just us wierdos at my school that did that. Wow ally you's had a ps2?! All we have is a microwave and a radio/cd player..and that keeps getting taken off us as the common room is in the science corridor and the teachers complain that the music's too loud (it isnt)

I would donate my old TV to the common room...but it would be likely to get smashed as most of the furnitures wrecked already and the place is a complete tip most of the time from food fights.

I spend free periods in the common room if its between two classes and i dont have time to do anything else, otherwise ill just go home or somewhere else for lunch. The best times a wednesday though, i have a double free period first thing= long lie in for moi! biggrin.gif

#31 Ally

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 2,912 posts
  • Interests:Just finished 1st year at uni studying medicine.

Posted 13 December 2004 - 06:31 PM

QUOTE(Kim @ Dec 13 2004, 01:30 AM)
Wow ally you's had a ps2?! All we have is a microwave and a radio/cd player..and that keeps getting taken off us as the common room is in the science corridor and the teachers complain that the music's too loud (it isnt)

View Post

Yeah we did... so gutted though that someone managed to break it. We've got a TV though. biggrin.gif

#32 Terrence

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,227 posts
  • Interests:Internet.

Posted 13 December 2004 - 06:50 PM

We now have a karaoke machine in our common room. Oh the joy :|
@

#33 Justboy

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 13 December 2004 - 09:30 PM

^ I'm sure you get alot of work done in there, haha tongue.gif

That sounds terrible actually, I no longer feel so jealous about my lack of common room.

#34 Ally

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 2,912 posts
  • Interests:Just finished 1st year at uni studying medicine.

Posted 13 December 2004 - 11:14 PM

QUOTE(tuppence @ Dec 13 2004, 06:50 PM)
We now have a karaoke machine in our common room. Oh the joy :|

View Post

lol... seriously? laugh.gif

Our school doesn't give us the funds to buy anything good for our common room sad.gif ...

#35 Dave

• Moderators
  • 4,252 posts

Posted 14 December 2004 - 05:03 PM

we aren't allowed anything in our common on principal including xmas lights cos they are afraid of fires etc

What we do have is 3 Cd-players (all more or less dead) to the annoiance of your year head. To few chairs, and a crazy girl who opens all the windows in the common because she " needs fresh air" wacko.gif

Obviously i go around closing all the windows so it ends in a fight course i don't care cos i always win (more or less rolleyes.gif )

#36 Justboy

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 14 December 2004 - 11:13 PM

you're beating up small girls now dave? oh dear. tongue.gif

#37 Dave

• Moderators
  • 4,252 posts

Posted 15 December 2004 - 10:44 PM

QUOTE(Justboy @ Dec 14 2004, 11:13 PM)
you're beating up small girls now dave? oh dear. tongue.gif

View Post

some aint so small tho wink.gif

#38 AlexMcIver

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 17 December 2004 - 01:23 PM

How many periods do u have in a day,AlexMcIver?

Huggles

Ice Maiden

I'm sorry I didn't respond for a while, I've not been on this site for a month! Our school days are 9 periods on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday, 8 periods on Wednesday and 5 on a Friday. This means I have 3 free on Monday, 4 free on Tuesday, 2 on Wednesday and 5 on Thursday. I know this doesn't add up to 15, I made a mistake last time and forgot to include my music lesson period biggrin.gif.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users